Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) invites application for the recruitment of Professor/Dean, College Development Council with M.Phil/ Ph.D holders
|Company name||Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU)|
|Posts||Professor/Dean, College Development Council|
|Total Vacancy||09 Posts|
|Application Last date||31-10-2014|
Details of Post :
Professor/Dean, College Development Council
Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma from the qualified candidates, as per UGC norms, for the posts of Professor/Dean, College Development Council (UGC Scales) in various disciplines. The filled in applications should reached this office by 5.00 PM to the undersigned on or before 31-10-2014.
The details of posts, qualifications prescribed and other conditions applicable along with the Application Form can be downloaded from the University website www.anu.ac.in or www.nagarjunauniversity.ac.in. The filled Application in the prescribed format along with six sets of xerox copies of qualifications, experience, reservation and reprints of publications along with a crossed SBI Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (SC/ST Rs.500/-) drawn in favour of The Registrar, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur Dist, A.P., 522 510should reach undersigned by 5.00 P.M. on or before 31-10-2014.
|Name of Post||Qualification||# of Vacancy||Pay scale|
|Professor/Dean, College Development Council||Required qualifications for PROFESSORS for History & Archaeology, Sociology & Social Work, Botany, Zoology & Aquaculture (UGC Scale of Pay of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 10000):
An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualifications in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
A minimum of ten years of teaching experience (excluding the period of research for obtaining Ph.D.) in University/College, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System /PBAS), set out. in this Regulation in Appendix III.OR
An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by his credentials
Required qualifications for Professor of Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR CHAIR (UGC Scale of Pay of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 10000)
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualifications in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System /PBAS), set out in this Regulation in Appendix III.OR
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials
Required qualifications for PROFESSOR of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering in ANU College of Engineering & Technology (UGC Scale of Pay of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 10000):
- Essential:1. A Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engg , & Tech., and experience of ten years in teaching, research and / or industry, out of which at least five years at the level of Assistant Professor Reader or equivalent grade.OR
- In the event the candidate is from industry and the profession, the following shall constitute as essential:
- First Class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engg., & Tech.;
- Significant professional work which can be recognized as equivalent to a Ph.D. Degree in appropriate branch of Engg., & Tech. and industrial / professional experience often years, out of which at least five years at a senior level of Assistant Professor / Reader, Provided that the recognition for significant professional shall be valid only if the same is recommended unanimously by a 3-Member Committee of Experts appointed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- Without prejudice to the above, the following conditions may be considered desirable:Teaching, research industrial and / or professional experience in a reputed organization;2. Published work, such as research papers, patents filed / obtained, books, and / or technical reports; Experience of guiding the project work / dissertation of PG / Research Students or supervising R&D projects in industry,4. Demonstrated leadership in planning and organizing academic, research, industrial and / or professional activities, and 5. Capacity to undertake / lead sponsored R&D, consultancy and related activities.
Required qualifications for Professor for DEAN, COLLEGE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (UGC Scale of Pay of Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 10000):
- A Master’s degree in Arts/Science or Humanities with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade of “B” in the UGC seven point scale;
- Experience of at least 15 years in Teaching/Research or both of which at least 2 years as Head of a Department in a University/Director of Research Establishment or principal of a recognized College.
- Preference may be given to candidates with proven ability in executing and implementing funded research projects/innovative programmes in teaching and research.
- Ph.D qualification in the respective field.
- Research publications are desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The University reserves the right to:(a) Withdraw an advertised post(s) at any tune without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. (b) Offer the post at a level lower than that advertised, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate: (c) draw reserve panel (s) against the possible vacancies in future; (d) not to fill up am” of the advertised positions.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess atleast the minimum essential qualification/experience laid down for the post.
- Qualifications and other conditions shall be applicable as stipulated by the MHRD/UGC regulations and as amended from time to time.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and if found not convenient or possible to interview all the candidates, the University, at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit, which may vary from post to post, on the basis of qualifications, experience, publications etc. higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The University may constitute an expert committee to scrutinize the applications or process administratively depending upon the number of applications.
- The process of selection may be by a presentation/seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
- Canvassing in any form shall lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates applying for the post of Professor are required to send their application in the prescribed application form, including the Academic Performance Indicators (API)based on Performance Based Appraisal System along with supporting documents duly signed and filled in all respect, failing which their candidature shall be outrightly rejected as the same is mandatory as per UGC’s Regulation, 2010 and amended from time to time. 8. Qualifications/Experiences etc. as on last date of submission of applications will only be taken into considerations.
- Those already in Govt. service should produce NOC at the time of interview.
- In case of the post to be filled through deputation, ACRs/APARs for last 5 years duly attested and Integrity certificate be sent in confidential cover addressed to the Registrar by the concerned Employer, failing which the candidature, man- not be considered.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- After joining the service of the University, the candidate will have to abide by the Rules, Regulations and Ordinances of the University applicable from time to time. He / she may be assigned any duty within the University or outside depending upon the exigency of the work.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during tenure of service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted bythe candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents / background for which he has been convicted by any court and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :31-10-2014.
|Click here for More Details|