The software we write and the systems we own enable over 50 million customers worldwide to order anything from a pin to a piano with the click of a mouse! Every aspect of our business interacts with our systems. We’re the hub of Amazon’s massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture.
Company Name: Amazon Services
Position:Software Development Engineer
Education:Bachelors or Master’s Degree
Experience:1 – 4 yrs
1. Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
2. 1-4 years of industry experience.
3. Solid experience in Java, C++ or C# (expert in at least one)
4. Solid expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms
5. Solid understanding of Object Oriented design and concepts
6. Experience in Perl, Ruby, or Python (at least one)
7. Solid UNIX or Linux experience.
8. Good understanding of networking concepts
9. Experience with scaling and performance of large distributed systems
10. Great understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational DBMS
11. Good interpersonal and communication skills
12. Obsession with quality and customer experience – Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
1. Prior experience with building and supporting realtime high-volume production systems
2. Messaging (JMS etc.) – XML and Web Service concepts
3. Any HTML scripting language (JSP, ASP, PHP, etc.)
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
How to Apply: