Amazon Services India Private Ltd is hiring for Support Engineer profile
Support engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and may involve small-project software development work.
Support team operates in ‘24x7x365′ manner; involve working in night shifts and on weekends in rotations.
Support Engineers also develop tools and automations to achive human free operations.
They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture.
If you have a strong Application Support background, are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
Company Name: Amazon Services India Private Ltd
Position: Support Engineer
Education: (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering
Experience: 1 – 3 yrs
1. A technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
2. 1 Yrs to 3 years experience
3. Strong Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
4. Ability to do scripting (any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python etc.)
5. Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
6. Familiarity with programming languages Java or C++ or C
7. Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage
8. Excellent verbal & written communication skills
9. Strong understanding of support – tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
10. A passion towards problem-solving
11. Strong decision-making ability
12. Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details.
13. Willing to work in 24×7 on-call support (on rotation basis)
14. Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
How to Apply: