Company Name: Baker Hughes
Position: Graduate Field Engineer
Education: BE/BTech, MTech
- Would you like to work in a field location and fulfill a business-critical role? Responsible for designing, executing and evaluating wellsite operations, field engineers are the vital link between Baker Hughes and our clients on oil and gas rigs.
- The role is demanding, both mentally and physically. When at the rigsite you will be required to work 12 hour shifts (day or night), and depending on your product line, you could be assembling, moving or operating heavy equipment, often in harsh environments and in all weather conditions.
- This role may require extensive time away from home to undertake training or to gain hands-on experience. You may also be required to work weekends and public holidays, as business needs dictate. You should expect to work in a variety of environments including offices, workshops or on rigsites; either on land or offshore.
- Join us and you will enhance your engineering skills through our three-year structured Field Engineer Development Program (FEDP) and quickly become competent with our technologies and processes. The FEDP enables potentially rapid career progression through a sequence of competency-based development steps.
- In the longer term, once you have achieved the levels of competence we expect, Baker Hughes offers you the opportunity to progress into a variety of leadership roles. You may elect to stay and build your career in the field, or you can aim for a position in operations management, product development, sales or another business support position.
- Assembling and deploying downhole equipment at a base location prior to being dispatched to the wellsite. Downhole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment
- Designing wellsite interventions under supervision using simulation software packages
- Analyzing rigsite performance data and recommending changes to product configurations
- Assisting sales representatives in business development activities including presenting to clients
- Performing warehousing and logistical activities
- Setting up and removing equipment at the well site
- Authoring and producing post-job evaluation reports for the client.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals.
How to Apply: