Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Position: Assistant/Deputy Manager (Travel)
Education: Any Degree
Experience: 1-3 yrs
Details of Post :
Assistant/Deputy Manager (Travel)
THE COMPANY : Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs.2762 crores and a Profit of Rs. 224 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES : The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc. CURRENT OPENINGS The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man some of the key roles in its SBU – Tours & Travel:-
TO APPLY : Apply in the prescribed application format available on our website www.balmerlawrie.com and E-Mail to [email protected] mentioning clearly the post applied for.
- Position No. 1
- Position Title Assistant Manager / Deputy Manager (Travel)
- SBU/Function SBU – Tours & Travel
- Level & Grade Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager; Junior Management; Executives’ Grade E1/E2
- Qualification The applicant must be a Graduate. Candidates with PGD in Travel & Tourism or MBA in Tourism will be preferred.
- Indicative Job Description The incumbent will be responsible for providing support in day to day handling of international ticketing operations which include itinerary preparation, fare construction, making reservations, issuance/delivery of tickets to the clients, generation/submission of bills to the clients and to ensure faultfree services to the customers. The above job description is only indicative and not exhaustive
- Experience Profile Minimum 1 year of post qualification experience for professionally qualified* and 6 years for graduates for Grade E1 as on the date of notification. Minimum 3 years of post qualification experience for professionally qualified* and 9 years for graduates for Grade E1 as on the date of notification. *Professionally qualified means candidates with full-time 2 year PGD in Travel & Tourism or MBA in Tourism
- Maximum Age Maximum age as on the date of notification should be 35 years.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15/02/2014
How to Apply: