Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Position: Junior Officer (Sales)
Education: Any Degree with Diploma (Tours & Travels)
Experience: 3 years
Details of Post :
Junior Officer (Sales)
THE COMPANY : Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as service sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Net Turnover of Rs 2762 crores and a Profit of Rs 24 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES : The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Logistics Services, Steel Barrel, Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants and Corporate Travel. It also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates, namely, Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS] etc.
OPENING : The company is looking for qualified and experienced personnel, as per details given below:
- Name of the Post : Junior Officer (Sales)
- No of Post : 01
- Qualification : Graduate with Diploma in Tours & Travel
- Desirable : IATA Diploma Holders
- Age :38 *
- Emoluments :Rs 9,000 – 22,000
- Experience Profile Should have a minimum post qualification experience of 3 years preferably in Sales & Marketing Functions.
For clarification or query contact –
AVP (HR) Southern Region
Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
32, Sathangadu Vllage Manali, Chennai – 600 068
Ph. No: 044 2594 6540 / 2594 1434
Selected candidate for the above position will be placed in the appropriate Grade and Scales of Pay, and actual compensation package offered will depend on qualification, experience etc
The Government of India directives with regard to reservations of SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped shall apply. Candidates belonging to this category should specifically mention the same in their applications. Relaxation in maximum age prescribed is applicable in case of SC / ST / OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates as per Government of India Directives. Candidates belonging to OBC category seeking the benefit of reservation should produce certificate from Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, certifying that they do not belong to the creamy layer.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Incomplete applications – applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Request for change in Mailing address / Email / Category / Posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the Company and discretion of the management.
- Only shortlisted candidates who are found prima-facie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positionsRelaxations / Reservations etc for SC/ST, PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) category should produce the original caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce thecertificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided bythe candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and lso to decide themodalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
The Company reserves the right to offer position in appropriate Grade & Salary.Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against his advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Chennai Court only.
- The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will begiven through email addresses only.
The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any pointof time during recruitment process.
- The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at thesole discretion of the Company
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 14/01/2014
How to Apply: