Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Education: Diploma (Engg), MBA / B.E
Details of Post :
THE COMPANY Balmer Lawrie, a public sector Company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs.2640 crores and a Profit of Rs. 224 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
OPENINGS:- The Company is looking for qualified and experienced person, as per details given below:
- Position No. 1
- Position Title Junior Officer [Administration]
- Grade Officers’ Grade S1
- Qualification The applicant should be Diploma in Civil Engineering. Those having Diploma in Civil Engg. with MBA / B.E. will be given preference.
- Remuneration : 9000 – 22000
- Indicative Job Description The incumbent would be responsible for –
- Preparation of various tenders including hosting on Company’s website, for civil & electrical work in respect of Head Office, Company leased and owned accommodation, Holiday Homes in Eastern Region.
- Preparation of TCR, joint measurement and finally processing bills of Eastern Region.
- Operation and maintenance of Iron removal plant at Head Office and Guest Houses at Kolkata.
- Maintenance of DG set at installed at Head offices and Guest Houses including other allied jobs
- Handle, supervise and monitor all the jobs of maintenance staff viz. Electrician, Plumber, carpenter both at HO and Co. owned/leased accommodation of Eastern Region.
- Responsible for processing of Utility Bills of Eastern Region.
- Monitor AMC contract related to Eastern Region with various Agencies and complete them within the time frame.
- Co-ordinate with Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) / Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC).
- Liaison with various departments for day to day jobs.
- Handle all the matters related to Fire safety. The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive.
- Experience Profile Should have a minimum post qualification experience of 3 years.
Send application to –[email protected]
For clarification or query contact –
Associate Vice President [HR]-ER
Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
21, Netaji Subhas Road
Kolkata – 700001
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01/04/2014
How to Apply: