Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Position:Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Education: B.E, B.Tech
Details of Post :
Chief Operating Officer
THE COMPANY : Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs.2762 croresand a Profit of Rs. 224 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES : The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
CURRENT OPENINGS : The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man the following key role in SBU – Greases & Lubricantsof the Company:-
- Position No. 1
- Position Title Deputy Chief Operating Officer
- SBU/Function SBU – Greases & Lubricants, Kolkata
- Level & Grade Senior Management
- Qualification The applicant must be Graduate Engineer Mechanical/Chemical). Candidates with Post Graduate Qualification in Management will be preferred.
- Indicative Job Description The role would be responsible for assisting the zBU ead in delivering performance and long term growth of the SBU. This would involve i. Assisting the SBU Head in Achieving of the annual Business Plan targets for the SBU and targets pertaining to the SBU in the Company’s MOU with the Government (including developing and proposing the Business Plan and MOU targets) ii. Aiding development of strategic plans for the SBU and ensuring implementation of the approved plan iii. Supporting the SBU Head in strategizing the development requirements in all spheres like production, maintenance, marketing, quality etc. iv. Incumbent would be assigned independent responsibility in specificareas of Industrial Marketing, Operations, SCM, or any other such areas & s/he shall be responsible for top line, bottom line & processes for such areas. v. Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and guidelines vi. Ensuring maintenance and up-gradation of quality, health, safety and environment practices vii. Ensure development of self and team members attached to him/ her; actively participate in process related to people management activities, which among other things will include selection of people, appraising personnel, training personnel on the job, counselling and coaching team members etc. viii. Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience Profile Minimum 13 years of post-qualification relevant experience as onthe date of notification. Candidates currently holding leadership roles inthe Lubricants industry will be preferred.
- Maximum Age Maximum age as on the date of notification should be 50 years.
TO APPLY Pls. apply through the e-recruitmentportal. To apply through the portal you need to first register and then apply by clicking under the link “Click here to Apply”. Step by step process on how to apply is given in the User manualuploaded in the portal. Once you have completed your application please send the system generated resume to the mail id [email protected] In case of any difficulty please send your feedback by clicking on the link “Feedback”
Last date for submission of applications is 21st May, 2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 21st May, 2014
How to Apply: