Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Education:Post Graduate Degree/Diploma
Details of Post :
THE COMPANY : Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as service sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs.2762 crores and a Profit of Rs.224 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES : The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Steel Barrel, Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Tours & Travel and Logistics Services. It also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates, namely, Leather Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS] etc.
OPENING : The SBU Tours-Vacations Exotica is a major SBU of the Company & its team consists of handpicked professionals from the industry. The combined wealth of experience of the team tops more than 300 years in the Holiday Business. The Company has ambitious growth plans for the SBU. In pursuance of these objectives, the SBU seeks to bring on board professionals with dynamism, initiative and an innovative approach to business. The current opening is for one position for Manager [FIT Product Development] on three years fixed term contractual basis at Bangalore.
JOB PROFILE :
- Development of FIT products – Off-the-shelfitineraries &pricing. Work closely with the suppliers to achieve price competitiveness of FIT Products.
- Assist all branches with details of NewDestinations, Pricing information & Product development.
- Co-ordinate with Tourism Boards in developing special destinations packages.
- Monitor and drive all FIT related negotiation and resolving issues of supplier reverts , pricing & customer support etc vis-à-vis FIT package costs.
- Incumbent to have sole responsibility of managing content, ensure uptime and training personnel on effective usage of SBU Tours-Vacations Exotica Website.
- Age : Below 35 years as on the date of notification.
- Qualification & Experience The applicant should be a Graduate in any discipline, preferably having a post-graduate Degree/Diploma in Travel/ Tourism with minimum 5 years of experience in similar roles. Applicant should be fully acquainted with FIT products in travel industry. Knowledge & experience of working on Tours/Travels related website will be an added advantage.
- COMPENSATION Selected candidate will be placed on three year fixed term contract. Compensation will be linked to qualification and experience and shall be at par with the best in the industry.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates may forward their candidature in the attached application format by post / courier addressed to the Asst. Manager [HR], SBU Tours – Vacations Exotica, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. ,2, Neminath Co-op Hsg Soc Ltd, Kambli Wadi, Opposite Vile Parle Station (East),Vile Parle (East), Mumbai 400 057 or by e-mail attaching the application format duly completed in all respect to [email protected] The last date for receipt of applications is 7 thMay 2014.
- Candidates sending application by post / courier should clearly write the post applied for on the envelope.
- Candidates should submit their applications, in the attached application format only.
- Incomplete applications or those not in the prescribed format will not be entertained.
- Those who apply through E-mail need not send their application by post / courier.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 7th May 2014
How to Apply: