Company Name: Balmer Lawrie & Co Limited
Details of Post :
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having
presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses. For the year ending 31.03.2013, the Company achieved a Turnover of Rs.2762 croresand a Profit of Rs. 224 crores.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in ndustrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Le
ather / Performance Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc. CURRENT OPENINGS
The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man the following key role in SBU – Greases & Lubricantsof the Company:-
- Position : Title Plant Manager
- SBU/Function SBU – Greases & Lubricants (Kolkata, Silvassa & Chennai) Level & Grade Senior Manager/Chief Manager; Middle Management; Executives’ Grade E4/E5
- Qualification: The applicant must be a Graduate Engineer or Post Graduate in Science. Candidates with Post Graduate Qualification in Management will be preferred.
- Indicative Job Description :The incumbent shall be responsible for achieving Targeted Production, Inventory Control, Plant Commercials including Despatch &Excise and Employee Relation in a safe working environment, ensuring desired product quality at optimal operating costs. The Key Responsibilities shall include Achievement of targets related to production, plant efficiency, quality, safety & environment for the unit Boundary Management & Industrial Relations at unit level. Capacity utilisation, energy efficiency, inventory holding, through put are within the budgeted limits All process ‘losses’ as budgeted are not exceeded Co-ordinate with R&D/ T&PD and QC functions to proactively address quality problems and/ or launch of new products/ variants or change of RM mix. Responsible for documentation required for operations, plant commercials including Dispatch & Excise, quality control, safety, statutory regulations, administrative control etc. Initiate action for upgrading and improving utilization of IT infrastructure in the department viii. Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time. Key Skills required: conceptualizing, Planning & Execution skills Analytically skills Result oriented Eye for entails e. Influencing & Negotiating skills Customer orientation Ability to motivate & take the team along
- Experience Profile : For Grade E4 – Minimum 7 years of post-qualification relevant experience as on the date of notification. For Grade E5 – Minimum 9 years of post-qualification relevant experience as on the date of notification. Candidates currently holding Plant Head roles in Lubricants businesses will be referred.
- Maximum Age :Maximum age as on the date of notification should be 40 years
Other General Conditions:
- Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentione d in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would befree to reject any application at any stage of the recruitmentprocess, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY
- Incomplete applications, applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY.
- Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and me re possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- Only short listed candidates who are found primafacie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
- Relaxations / Reservations etc for SC/ST, PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)category should produce the original caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed ormat as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the ecruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
- The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
- The Company reserves the right to offer the position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Kolkata Court only. The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
- The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
- The Location/ Place of posting me intoned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
- In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the Company.
The Government of India directives with regard to reservations of SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped shall apply. Candidates belonging to this category should
specifically mention the same in their applications. Relaxation inmaximum age prescribed is applicable in case of SC / ST / OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates as per Government of India directives. Candidates belonging to
OBC category seeking the benefit of reservation should produce certificate from Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, certifying that they do not be
long to the creamy layer.Please read The Other General Conditions before applying for the positions.
TO APPLY: Pls. apply through the e-recruitmentportal. To apply through the portal you need to first registerand then apply by clicking under the link “Click here to Apply”. Step by step process on how to apply is given in the User manualuploaded in the portal. Once you have completed your application please send the system generated resume to the mail id [email protected] In case of any difficulty please send your feedback by clicking on the link “Feedback”
Last date for submission of applications is 21st May, 2014
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : May 21, 2014
How to Apply: