Company Name: Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM)
Position:Assistant Lineman (ALM)
Details of Post :
Assistant Lineman (ALM)
Online Applications are invited from qualified and eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Assistant Lineman in the scale of ` 7950-150-8100-190-9050-240-10250-300-11750-360-16790 in Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited.
Applications are invited from “Female Candidates” possessing pass certificate of 18/24 months course as on 11.01.2012 in “Electrician/Electronics/Electronic Mechanic” trade from Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
Applications are invited from the “Male/Female candidates” who have passed 10th STD and Three years pass certificate of “Lineman/Electrician trade” (ITC) imparted from the Industrial Training Institute of KEB/KPTCL.
Composition of Posts :
- For the candidates possessing a pass certificate of 18/24 months course in “Electrician/Electronics/Electronic Mechanic” trade from industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- For the candidates who have passed 10th STD Examination and pass certificate of THREE YEARS “Lineman trade/Electrician trade” (ITC) imparted by the Industrial Training Institutes of KEB/KPTCL.
- For ITI candidates: Should have a pass certificate of 18/24 months course in “Electrician/Electronics/Electronic Mechanic” trade from Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) recognized by Government of Karnataka.
- For ITC candidates: Should have passed 10th Standard Examination and should have a pass certificate of THREE YEARS “Lineman trade”/“Electrician trade” (ITC) imparted by the Industrial Training Institutes of KEB/KPTCL.
- Should have knowledge of Kannada in reading and writing.
- Should have normal eye sight.
- Should have satisfactory physical fitness and shall qualify in the Endurance Test.
Eligibility: The candidates who have obtained minimum percentage of marks as prescribed below in the respective qualifying examinations only are eligible to apply for the posts.
|For applicants belonging to General Merit category||
|For applicants belonging to category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||
|For applicants belonging to SC/ST/and category I||
- Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Lineman will be made by selection strictly on merit, based on the marks secured in the Qualifying Examination only.
- Eligible candidates will be called for Endurance Test in the ratio of 1:5.
- Medical Examination will be conducted from the competent Medical officer during the endurance test and the candidate should have satisfactory physical fitness.
- Endurance test will be conducted in the following events;
a) 100 meters Running : 14 seconds
b) Skipping : 50 times in one minute
c) Shot put 12 pounds : 8 meters throw (3opportunities)
d) Climbing of Electric Pole : 8 meters height (compulsory)
e) 800 meters running : 3 minutes.
- No marks are allocated to the endurance test. However, in order to qualify for the selection, the candidate has to compulsorily climb the electric pole (event No. d) and get through in 2 events out of remaining 4 events (i.e. event No. a, b, c & e).
- The endurance test and verification of documents will be decentralized and will be conducted at the BESCOM Circle/Division Head quarters.
- Date and location of endurance test will be notified to the shortlisted candidates through website/newspapers. Those candidates who have furnished their E-mail id and mobile No. in the ON-LINE application will be intimated through one of these means.
- The verification of the requisite certificate of the shortlisted candidates will be done at the time of the Endurance Test.
Age: The candidates should have attained the age of 18 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of application and shall not be more than;
- 35 years in case of General Merit candidates.
- 38 years in case of Category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates.
- 40 years in case of SC/ ST and Category I candidates.
- Rs 400/- (Rupees Four Hundred Only) in respect of candidates belonging to General Category and Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB.
- Rs 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ ST category.
- Candidates can pay the Application fee by using Net Banking option, any Bank ATM cum Debit card,Internet Banking. OR Candidates can also pay the Application fee using Off Line i.e., pay by Challan at State Bank of India Branches.
- Application fees shall be paid during hours between 15/3/2014 and 15/4/2014 only.
Submission of Application:
- Applications should be submitted only through “ON-LINE” mode by logging on to www.bescom.org Application will not be accepted by any other mode.
- The website will be kept open for submitting On-Line applications from 15/3/2014 to 15/4/2014. The last date for submission of application is 15/04/2014.
- Candidates are allowed to apply only once and application once submitted cannot be altered under any circumstances.
- After submitting the application ON-LINE the candidates should obtain the printouts of acknowledgement and challan.
- Candidates should submit the applications well in advance without waiting for the last date prescribed for submission. Fees paid once shall not be refunded under any circumstances or adjusted towards future recruitments.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15/4/2014
How to Apply: