Company Name: Bank Of India (BOI)
Position: Security Officers
Education: Any Degree
Experience: 5 years
Details of Post :
BANK OF INDIA, a leading Public Sector Bank having Head Office in Mumbai, invites applications for recruitment of Security Officers in Middle Management Grade/Scale II
PAY SCALE, BASIC PAY AS BELOW & OTHER ALLOWANCES AND PERQUISITES AS APPLICABLE:
Present Scale of Basic Pay (in Rs.) :- MMG Scale II : 19400-700/1- 20100-800/10 – 28100 (The above Scale of Basic pay is subject to amendments of appropriate provisions in the Bank of India Officers’ Service Regulations, 1979)
RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT :
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates by 5 years. Other Backward Classes candidates by 3 years.
- In the case of ex-servicemen and commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) / Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on invalidment, by 5 years subject to ceiling as per Government guidelines.
- All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989, by 5 years.
- The children/ Family members of those who died in the 1984 riots, by 5 years.
- The relaxation in upper age limit is as per Govt. guidelines
- An Ex-Serviceman who has once joined a government job on the civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
- All persons eligible for age relaxation under (iv) above must produce the domicile certificate at the time of interview from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by Govt. of J & K to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J & K during 1st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989.
NATIONALITY/ CITIZENSHIP: A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1stJanuary, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) as above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
VACANCIES / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE :
- Post Code No. 01
- SECURITY OFFICER (Scale II)
- Vacancies : 27
- Qualification Graduate from Recognized University or equivalent. A certification in computer course for minimum three months OR Information Technology or related paper as one of the subjects at graduation level or afterwards.
- Experience An officer with minimum 5 years commissioned Service in the Army/Navy/Air Force or a police officer not below the rank of Asst. Superintendent of Police / Deputy Supt. Police with minimum 5 years of Service or officers of identical rank in the para-military forces with minimum 5 years service
STRUCTURE OF GROUP DISCUSSION INTERVIEW :
- Group Discussion Marks :- Minimum qualifying marks in group discussion will be 40% for
- General and 35% for SC/ST/OBC category and the same will be of qualifying nature only.
- Interview Marks :- Maximum marks for interview will be 100. Minimum qualifying marks in Interview are 50% for General Category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Selection Procedure :Selection will be done by way of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Group Discussion will be of qualifying nature only and minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for General and 35% for SC/ST/OBC category. Maximum marks for interview will be 100. Minimum qualifying marks in interview shall be 50% for General Category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC category candidate. Only those candidates who have secured minimum qualifying marks in Group Discussion will be included for preparation of merit list. Mere participation in Group Discussion shall not vest any right in a candidate for being included in merit list.
- Merit list of the candidates shall be based on the marks obtained by them in Personal Interview of maximum 100 Marks and will be prepared in descending order on the basis of the marks obtained in personal interview, under the respective SC / ST / OBC / GEN Category. The final selection will be made on the basis of this merit list
APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE) :
- Application fees/Intimation charges for Gen/OBC Candidates – Rs. 600/-
- Intimation charges for SC/ST/Ex-service-men Candidates – Rs.100/-
NOTE : Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will
NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS :
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this Notice. Decision of Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of examination, interview, group discussion, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the bank in this behalf.
- In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will be cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- Only online registration of application would be accepted. PLEASE NOTE THAT PRINT OUT OF APPLICATION MAY BE SUBMITTED TO US AT THE TIME OF GROUP DISCUSSION / INTERVIEW ONLY AND NOT BEFORE THAT.
- Candidates belonging to OBCs but coming in the “CREAMY LAYER” as on 31.03.2013 are not entitled to OBC reservation. Such candidates should indicate their category as “General”.
- OBC Certificates in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India and issued by the Competent Authority inter alia, specifically stating that the candidate does not belong to the Socially Advanced Sections excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBCs in Civil Posts and Services under Govt. of India i.e. carrying ‘CREAMY LAYER’ clause based on income for the financial year 2012-2013 issued on or after 01.04.2013 should be submitted with the application at the time of interview.
- Print-out of the application along with a recent, passport size photograph and signature on the application is to be produced at the time of Group Discussion / Interview. Copies of the same photograph should be used for. Failure to produce the same photograph at the time of the interview /group discussion may lead to disqualification.
- Candidates serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including banks) should take permission before applying and produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, in the absence of which their candidature may not be considered. NOC as above will be insisted at the time of Interview and candidate will not be allowed to appear for interview without such NOC and his candidature may be cancelled.
- Candidates will have to produce original caste and other relevant certificates like educational qualification, age, disability etc. with Xerox copies, duly attested, along with the application Print-out, at the time of Group Discussion / Interview, in support of his eligibility, failing which his / her candidature will be cancelled.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidate should have a valid e-mail id.
- The candidate should apply on-line through website www.bankofindia.co.in
- As a First Step, candidate should take out Print-out of Challan from Page 7 of the Notice on our website.
- Against the above-said Challan, the candidate should make the payment of fees in any of the Bank of India branches on or before 20.02.2014.
- Once the payment of fees is made, the concerned branch will give him a Transaction No.
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his photograph and signature as per the specifications given on the website.
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and Signature, ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications. If the size of the file is more than the specified limit then adjust the settings of the scanner.
- Candidates are now ready to Apply Online by re-visiting the Bank’s website and going to the sub-link to open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
- Candidate should visit again our website www.bankofindia.co.in under the caption “Career” and should fill up the application available by clicking on Page No.7 of the Notice on our website.
- Transaction No. should be correctly filled in the application at appropriate place
- Application should be checked and after verification be submitted by clicking to submit button.
- Application should be printed with photo and signature, to be kept ready for submission at the time of interview at the Interview Venue.
- You should note / remember your Registration No. and Password for future reference and use.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only procedure for applying. Physical mode of application or incomplete application would not be accepted and if submitted such application would be rejected outright.
- There is a provision to modify the submitted On Line Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the On Line Application, if any. This modification facility will be available up to 22.02.2014. After this date, no modification will be permitted. Candidate should take utmost care while filling in the On-Line Application.
- As per the above said procedure, we summarize the steps as below :
- Print Challan . Pay the fees in any of the Bank of India Branch and take Transaction No.
- Scan your photograph and signature as per the specifications
- Fill-up the application Form – On-line including upload of photo and signature and after verification – Submit Print Application and affix photograph – to submit the same at the time of interview with following documents:
- Copy of receipted challan
- Attested copy of School leaving certificate or any other document showing proof of age acceptable to the Bank.
- Attested copies of Mark sheets / certificates in support of Educational Qualification;
- Attested copy of certificate of Computer Course, as applicable;
- Any other related certificate as applicable i.e. Caste Certificate etc.
- Even if the last date of registration is changed due to technical reasons, the valid dates for payment of application fee will not be changed. Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted. After registration the application printout need not be sent to the Bank. The said application alongwith challan and copies of required documents mentioned above should be kept ready for submission at the time of interview
For online Application and Challan:
- visit Bank of India’s website www.bankofindia.co.in
- Last but not the least, please note importantly that candidate who has been declared successful, but subsequently found ineligible, will not be allowed to take part in the Process / join the bank and inconvenience caused thereby will be at his/her cost and consequences.
Important dates to remember :
- Challan available from 05.02.2014
- Submission of on – line application commencing from Last date for submission of on – line application 20.02.2014
- Payment of Application fees From : 05.02.2014 To : 20.02.2014
- Relevant date for Age/Qualification/Experience 31.12.2013
How to Apply: