Company Name: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
Education: ME/M.Tech, MSc, BSc, BE/B.Tech
Details of Post :
Invites Engineering Graduates & Science Post Graduates for OCES/DGFS-2014
Training Schemes and Employment Description
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates for the year 2014- 2015 (OCES-2014) conducted at BARC Training Schools. Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools along with the placement information on successful completion of Training. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program, is declared to have passed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units:a) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai,b) Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam,c) Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore,d) Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata,e) Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai,f) Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad,g) Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai,h) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai,i) Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam,j) Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad,k) Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda.These units have their Head Office at the indicated locations. Placement can be at the Head Office or at other facilities of these units located in different parts of India.
- Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post- Graduates forthe years 2014-2016 (DGFS-2014).Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training School program and who have secured admission for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. in select Institutes and specialisations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE guide and an Institute guide. On successful completion of M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg., they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. On joining, they are required to first undertake a fourmonth Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai. The DGFS Fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE: a) BARC, Mumbai. b) IGCAR, Kalpakkam. c) RRCAT, Indore.
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2014
- For Engineering Disciplines (codes 21-29): B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E./A.M.I.I.Ch.E. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines mentioned . Applicants opting to be selected on the basis of a GATE score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology,Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, etc. are not eligible.
- For Physics Discipline (code 41): M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics or B.E. / B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Physics’. Applicants having B.E. / B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) as qualifying degree and a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Engineering Science’ are also eligible.
- For Chemistry Discipline (code 42): M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
- For Biosciences Discipline (code 43): MSc in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Micro) For Biosciences Discipline (code 43): M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology,Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, FoodTechnology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks; or B.E./ B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60% aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. with minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’. Those having M.Sc. with specialisation in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
- For Radiological Safety Engineering (RSE, code 44): M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M. Sc. as well as in B. Sc.. Those having M.Sc. in Environmental Science are not eligible
- For Geology Discipline (Code 45): M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. and at least two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech. as well as in B.Sc. Eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level. All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE- 2013 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- For Geophysics Discipline (Code 46): M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics with Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
Note: Those having MSc (by research) or PhD are not eligible
Age Limit :
- General Category – 26 years
- OBC – 29 years
- SC / ST – 31 years.
Application Fee : A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs.250/- is chargeable from the applicants in General and OBC categories. Women candidates and the candidates belonging to SC / ST and Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee
Stipend and Allowances: OCES TSOs as well as DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of Rs 20,000
Selection Procedure : Selection to OCES/DGFS-2014 is a step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by selection Interviews of the short listed candidates.Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in BARC Training School, Mumbai. Outstation applicants will be paid to-and-fro second-class sleeper train fare by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less. Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2014. Names and Selection Interview dates of short-listed candidates in Science disciplines will be declared on the website in the second week of April, 2014. Short-listed candidates in Engineering disciplines, qualified on the basis of a GATE score will be able to choose an Interview slot, based on availability, on the website designated for Online Applications in the Engineering disciplines, in the second week of April, 2014 onwards whereas short-listed Engineering candidates qualified on the basis of Online Test will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability on the same website in the second week of May, 2014.Selection Candidates are required to execute and agreement and personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three yrs after completion of Training.Indemnity Bond is for 2,50000/-OCES TSOs and 5,10000 for DGFS Fellows
Important dates to remember :
Launching of online Application Portal For OCES/DGFS-2014
15th January, 2014
Last date for online application
|14th February, 2014|
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE Score||28th March 2014|
|Online Test||19th-24th March 2014|
Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview
|2nd week of April,2014|
Availability based option to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates
2nd week of April,2014
|Selection Interviews||19th May-19th June, 2014|
|Display of List of candidates finally selected for OCES-2014 on Online Portal||26th June 2014|
|Last date for Selected OCES-2014 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/M.Chem. Engg admission in a DGFS institute.||4th July 2014|
|Declaration of list of Persons Selected for DGFS-2014||2nd week of July,2014|
How to Apply: