Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) conducting walk-in drive for the recruitment of Scientist for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph. D/ M.Sc holders on December 15, 2014
|Company name||Central Building Research Institute|
|Qualification||M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph. D/ M.Sc|
|Total Vacancy||31 Posts|
|Application Last date||December 15, 2014|
Details of Post :
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. It is amongst the foremost Scientific and Industrial research set-ups in the World. Having state- of-the-art infrastructure and scientific and technical manpower second to none, CSIR covers practically the entire spectrum of scientific and industrial R&D of national and international importance. This ranges from aerospace to ocean exploration, micro-electronics to safe built environment, smart materials to mechatronics, petrochemicals to synthetic biology and from robotics and macro-machines to drugs and pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals.
CSIR-CENTRAL BUILDING RESARCH INSTITUTE, ROORKEE is a premier Institute under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).The major areas of R&D thrust of the Institute include applied and basic research in various areas of Building Science and Technology to provide S&T back up related to Advanced Construction Materials, Structure & Foundation, Energy efficient building system, development of process equipment, Health monitoring of building structures, environmental monitoring and Disaster (Landslide, Fire, Earthquake, Cyclone) Mitigation, Intelligent & smart buildings etc. Efforts are aimed at creation of new Building Materials and Construction Technologies, to build up excellent facilities for experimentation/testing in the frontier areas of building science & technology over the decades.
In order to meet the incoming demands of research in both basic and applied sciences, applications are invited from enthusiastic, young Indian researchers having excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements with a high degree of motivation and desire to take up research as a career for the following posts of Scientists as per the details given below. Further, CSIR-CBRI strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and hence women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The emolument and age limit for various posts as per norms are summarized as below:
|Designation||No. of Post||Pay Band||
*Total Emolument approx.
|**Upper Age Limit not exceeding(as on last date of application)|
Total 31 Nos. Out of 31 posts 12 backlog reserved vacancies and 19 fresh vacancies.
12 backlog vacancies (SC-05,ST-02,OBC-05) & 19 fresh vacancies (UR-10, SC-03, ST-01,OBC-05)
- POST CODE NO.01 Area : Civil Engineering-19 posts (UR-09, SC-03,ST-01,OBC-06) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : M.E./M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering/ Geotechnical Engineering/Building Engineering and Disaster Mitigation/Engineering of infrastructure and disaster mitigation/Building Science and Technology/ Earthquake Engineering with bachelors degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering OR B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engg. with Ph.D (Engg.)(Submitted/Completed) in any of above areas. Desirable Knowledge base: Working Knowledge in the areas of Building Materials Engineering, Fire Structural Engineering, Disaster Resistant Structural System, Prefabricated Building System, Ground Improvement Techniques, Deep Foundation, Corrosion Science and Engineering, Use of Nano science & Technology in cement, Composite Structural System, Application of Geo-synthetics in foundations and Retaining Structures, Solid Waste utilization and Heritage Structures.
- POST CODE NO. 02 Area : Physics, 04 posts ( ST-02, OBC-02) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : Ph. D. (Submitted) in Physics/Electronics/ Instrumentation in solar energy applications OR M.E./M.Tech. in Electronics Engineering/Instrumentation Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering related to solar energy applications in buildings. Desirable Knowledge base : Working Knowledge in the areas of Solar energy application in buildings.
- POST CODE NO.03 Area : Chemistry, 04 posts ( SC-03, OBC-01) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Ph. D. (Submitted) in Chemistry in the areas of Cement Chemistry/ Advanced Building Materials/ Polymeric composite materials/ Fire retardant or resistant materials/ Solid Waste Utilization. Desirable : Hands on experiences on advanced instrumentation for characterization of building materials.
- POST CODE NO.04 Area : Architecture, 04 Posts (UR-01, SC-02, OBC-01) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree in Architecture/Planning, with Bachelors degree in Architecture. Desirable Knowledge base : Working Knowledge in Green Building System/Energy efficient buildings/ Heritage Structures.
- Job description for above Posts : Selected candidates will have to undertake research development and innovation activities in the areas of works of the Institute . Placement of the candidates in different functional groups will be done as per the requirement of the Institute keeping in mind the knowledge and experience of the selected candidates. In addition to the R&D activities, consultancy/sponsored/grant –in – aid projects are also to be handled either independently or in a team. Selected candidates as per the requirements may have to take classes in the Laboratory unit of the Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR) which is offering the Masters/Ph.D Degrees. Selected candidates will also have the opportunity to supervise Research Scholars of the Academy (AcSIR) leading to their Ph.D. Degree as per the norms of the Academy.
General information and conditions :Benefits under Council Service:
- These posts carry usual allowances i.e Dearness Allowance (DA) House rent allowance(HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) etc. as admissible to the Central Government employees and as made applicable to CSIR. Council employees are also eligible for accommodation of their entitled type as per CSIR allotment rules depending on availability in which case HRA will not be admissible.
- Scientist in pay Band -3 are eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) and professional update allowance of Rs 10,000/- per annum.
- In addition to the emolument indicated above, benefits such as applicability of New Pension Scheme 2004, reimbursement of Medical Expences, leave Travel concession, Conveyance advance and House Building Advance are available as per CSIR rules.
- Scientists in CSIR are also permitted to undertake consultancy and sponsored R&D project activity. These activities give them scope to earn consultancy fee and honorarium as per CSIR guidelines governing these activities. Opportunities also arise for foreign deputations for training/presentation of papers/specific assignments etc.
- CSIR provides excellent opportunities to deserving candidates for career advancement under Assessment Promotion scheme for Scientists.
- Deserving candidates may be considered for advance increment as per CSIR Rules.
How to apply
- The interested candidates can download the ‘Application Form’ (available in MS-Word format) and ‘Synopsis Form’ (available in MS-Excel format) from our website www.cbri.res.in
- The candidates are required to rename both their duly filled-in files (‘Application Form’ and ‘Synopsis Form’) with the pattern Post_Code_No-Name_Initials-Mobile_no.doc and Post_Code_No-Name_Initials-Mobile_no.xlsFor example, if the candidate whose name is ‘Ram Prasad Sharma’ and mobile no. 9876543210 wishes to apply for post having Post Code No. 01 of the advertisement, he / she should rename the files as 01-RPS-9876543210.doc and 01-RPS-9876543210.xls
- After renaming both the files as per pattern shown above, the candidate need to send the same to the email [email protected]
- Application duly signed and ‘Synopsis Form’ along with recent passport size photograph, self attested copies of all testimonials/certificates/marks sheets in support of qualification, experience, date of birth etc. alongwith application fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 100/- in the form of crossed Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank and valid for at least 3 months in favour of DIRECTOR, CBRI payable at Roorkee should be sent in a sealed cover superscribed Äpplication for the post of SCIENTIST (Code No.__) to the Administrative Officer, Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee-247667 so as to reach on or before 20th October, 2014. The following details must be filled up on the back of the D/D (i) Candidate’s name, (ii) Candidate’s Category and (iii) Post Code Applied for. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Women/CSIR Employees/Abroad Candidates category are exempted from submission of application fee.
- In case of Universities/Institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are required to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/Institute to be supported by document. In the absence of the formula it should be linear scale (Example: 76.5% = 7.65 CGPA and vice versa)
- Candidates applying for more than one post must submit separate Application Form for each post indicating the Code No. of the Post. The hard copy (s) of each application must be accompanied by separate Demand Draft on account of application fee.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and application Fee once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
- Applications from employees of Government Department will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel, certified by the employer that the applicant, if selected will be relieved within one month of the receipt of the appointment orders. Also vigilance clearance should also be recorded. However, advance copy of the application may be submitted before the closing date. Application routed through proper channel should reach Director, CSIR-CENTRAL BUILDING RESARCH INSTITUTE (INDIA) within a period of 15 days from the closing date of the Advertisement.
- Candidates should specifically note that the applications received after the closing date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelopes wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay etc.) will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Incomplete applications (i.e. unsigned, without photograph, application fee, applicable testimonials etc.) will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected.
- Applications submitted in a format other than the prescribed format will be rejected.
Important dates to remember :
Walk in Interview :December 15, 2014
VENUE : CSIR-CENTRAL BUILDING RESEARCH INSTITUTE (COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC & INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH) ROORKEE-247 667 (INDIA)