Company Name: Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
Details of Post :
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), statutory body invites applications for the post of the Chief(Economics) to be filled up by deputation on foreign service terms/ short-term contract basis from the officials of Central/State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies etc.
The details of post, scale of pay, required qualifications/qualifying service and experience etc. are given below:-
- Name of the post :Chief (Economics)
- No of the post : 01
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Ph. D in Economics
- Pay Band with Grade Pay :Scale of pay `18,400-500-22,400 (Prerevised)
- Revised scale PB-4: `37,400-67,000 Plus 10,000/-Grade Pay
- Qualifying Service Qualifying Service :Officers: (i) Holding analogous post on regular basis; or (ii) With 2 years regular service in the scale of `16,400-450-20,000) (pre- revised) Revised scale PB-4: `37,400-67,000 + GP `8,900) or equivalent; or (iii) With 3 years regular service in the scale of `14,300-400-18,300 (Pre- revised) Revised scale PB-4: `37,400-67,000 +GP `equivalent.
The general terms and conditions are as under:-
- Apart from basic pay and grade pay, the post carries dearness allowance, HRA,
- Transport Allowance etc. at the rates applicable to Central Government officials from time to time.
- Fixation of pay/deputation (duty) allowance shall be governed by the instructions issued by Department of Personnel and Training from time to time.
- Maximum age limit is 56 years on the last date of receipt of applications.
- The facility of retention or allotment of Government Accommodation is available at present. Moreover if, opted, as per CERC (Leased Accommodation) Regulations, 2007, Leased accommodation for lease rental up to 60% of Basic pay and Grade pay can be permissible subject to the conditions laid down therein.
- The above mentioned post is exempted from the principle of immediate absorption.
- Medical re-imbursement through Authorized Medical Attendants is admissible as per the CERC (Indoor/Outdoor Medical facilities) Regulations, 2005, if, opted. This is in lieu of the CGHS benefits for those who choose to opt the CERC Regulations.
- The normal period of deputation on foreign service terms is five years as per the CERC (Recruitment, Control and service conditions of staff) Regulations, 2007
- Officials appointed to CERC shall be governed by the terms and conditions of DOP&T O.M. No. 6/8/2009-Estt (Pay-II) dated 17thJune, 2010 read with Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (Recruitment, Control and Service Conditions of Staff) Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- CERC reserves the right to keep the post unfilled depending on the circumstances prevailing at the time of selection.
- Copy of all the regulations mentioned above are available in the CERC’s website. www.cercind.gov.in
- Mere fulfilling eligibility criteria shall not bestow any right to be called for interaction. Only short- listed candidates shall be called for an interaction.
- Relaxation in essential qualifications / experience can be considered by the Competent Authority in deserving cases.
- OBCs/SCs/STs candidates would be given preference while all other conditions are fulfilled
The Chief of Economics is a senior level position in the Commission and is expected to play an important role in the context of the challenging role of the CERC in the power sector and development of the power market. The Commission is looking for a suitable candidate who is equipped with skill sets pertaining also to financial/infrastructure market operations apart from basic economic dimensions of power sector regulations. Applications in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-I, duly completed and signed, along with attested photocopy of all relevant documents in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, caste etc. may be forwarded to the P.Ramamoorthy, Assistant Secretary (P&A), Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, Ground Floor, Chanderlok Building, 36, Janpath, New Delhi – 110001 by 15thJune, 2014.
The applications should be routed through proper channel and the applications which are not in prescribed format shall not be accepted. The sponsoring authorities are requested to forward the applications of eligible and interested candidates after verifying the service records and also whose services can be spared immediately in the event of their selection. While forwarding applications, attested copies of last five years Annual Confidential Reports /Annual Performance Appraisal Reports and updated vigilance clearance certificate of the candidates should be enclosed.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : June 15, 2014
How to Apply: