Company Name: Coal India Limited
Education:BE BTech, CA / ICWA, Graduates, MBA /PG Diploma, Post graduate
Details of Post :
COAL INDIA LIMITED – a Schedule ‘A’ – MAHARATNA Public Sector Undertaking under Ministry of Coal, Government of India, is the single largest coal producing company in the World and the largest corporate employer with approx 3.52 lakh employees, contributing around 81% of the total coal production in India. We produce non-coking coal and coking coal of various grades for diverse applications. It operates 471 mines in 21 major coalfields across eight states in India (West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh & Assam). In Financial year 2012-13, Coal India Limited produced 452.2 million tonnes of coal. In order to meet the challenges, Coal India requires young, energetic and dynamic persons as Management Trainees in different disciplines. The details are as under –
QUALIFICATION & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Environment – Degree in Environmental Engg. with minimum 60% marks Or any Engg. Degree with PG Degree/Diploma in Environmental Engg from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks.
- Finance & Accounts – Qualified CA / ICWA
- Personnel – Graduates with at least two years full time Post Graduate degree /PG Diploma/Post Graduate Program in Management with specialization in HR/Industrial Relations/Personnel Management or MHROD or MBA or Master of Social work with specialization in HR from recognized Indian University/Institutes with minimum 60% marks.
- Sales & Marketing – Recognised degree with MBA /PG Diploma in Management with specialization in Marketing (major) from Institute / University with minimum 60% marks
- Community Development* ( same as Community Engagement as contained in press advertisement) – Minimum two years Full time Post graduate degree or Post graduate diploma of two years duration from a recognized University/ Institute in Community development / Rural development / Community Organization and Development Practice/ Urban and Rural Community development/ Rural and Tribal development/ Development Management/ Rural Management OR Minimum 2 years Full Time Post Graduate degree (from a recognized University/ Institute) in Social work with specializations- Community Development/ Rural Development/ Community Organization & Development Practice/ Urban & Rural Community development/ Rural & Tribal Development/ Development Management. *In case of any dispute arising about admissibility of any particular qualification the decision of Management of Coal India Limited shall be final and binding.
- Materials Management – Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with MBA/ PG Diploma in Management with minimum 60% marks.
SELECTION PROCESS : Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India Selection Test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the written test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping in view the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH. Management reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for written test also.
Written Test: The written test shall be of three (03) hours duration comprising of 2 papers both of which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). Paper I will consist of MCQs on General Awareness & Aptitude and Paper II will consist of MCQs on Technical aptitude in the relevant discipline for which the candidate applies. Each paper shall consist of 100 questions with 100 marks. The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi). Qualifying criteria in the Written Test UR / GEN OBC(Non creamy layer) SC / ST / PH Minimum 40 marks in each paper Minimum 35 marks in each paper Minimum 30 marks in each paper
APPLICATION FEE –
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC (NCL) is required to pay a non-refundable fees of Rs 500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only). SC/ST/PH/ employees of Coal India Ltd and subsidiaries are exempted from the payment of application fees.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application fee, in a specially opened Power Jyoti Account No. 32306580317 on behalf of Coal India. Candidates have to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the challan which is available on the application registration portal of Coal India. Candidates should use only the printed challan and fill up his/her details for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This Journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate in the online application. CIL will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee in wrong account. There will not be any other mode of payment of application fee.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fees.
RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS
- Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates will be provided as per guidelines of Govt. of India for the purpose.
- Relaxations for employees of Coal India or its Subsidiary companies applying against advertisement will be as per the rules of the company i.e. no age limit and no application fee.
- Age relaxation is applicable for ex-servicemen category candidates as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- Age relaxation of 5 years applicable for candidates who have been domicile of J&K during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- Compensation / Pay – Selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainee in E2 grade in the scale of pay of Rs. 20,600 – 46,500 at the initial Basic of Rs.20,600/- during the first year (Training period). On successful Completion of Training and passing the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E3 grade in the scale of pay of Rs. 24,900 – 50,500 at the initial Basic of Rs.24,900/- with probation for 1 year. Besides basic pay, candidates will also be entitled to other pay and perks including Dearness Allowance, HRA, perquisites and allowances under cafeteria approach and other allowances as applicable for the post. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, CMPF, pension, gratuity etc. will be admissible as per company rules in force during training and after absorption.
- Posting: Candidates may be posted anywhere in Coal India Limited / Subsidiary companies especially in coalfield areas.
- Service Agreement Bond: Finally selected candidate is required to serve the company for a minimum period of 60 months. An amount of Rs.5000/-(Rupees Five Thousand only) per month will be deducted from the salary for a period of 60 months. Failure on the part of candidate to serve the Company for a minimum period of 60(sixty) months would result in forfeiture of the said deposit. The amount so deducted will be refunded in full with simple interest on completion of 60 months of service. The candidate will be required to execute a bond of Rs 3 Lakhs (Rupees three lakhs) for the same.
- Medical Examination: Before joining service, the selected candidates will have to undergo initial medical examination by the company Medical Officer as per the Medical Attendance Rules of the company and the decision of the board will be final and binding. You are advised to refer to the details available on our website to understand the prescribed medical norms.
HOW TO APPLY
- Eligible candidates have to apply only through the online registration system of Coal India. To apply, visit the careers with CIL section of our website www.coalindia.in and you should have a valid e-mail id while applying, which should be valid for one year.
- The site will remain functional from 10:00 am of 17th March 2014 to 11:59 PM of 14th April 2014. However, the candidates should complete the on line application at the earliest in order to avoid site congestion.
- Candidates will have to apply for only for one discipline for which he/she is eligible.
- Candidates willing to apply must first download and print the SBI Challan form from CIL’s web portal for submitting the application fee.
- Candidates will have to register for the online application before starting to fill the application form. On clicking the “Apply Online” link the registration page will open. Detailed instructions for filling the form will be given under the “Instructions” link above the Registration page.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Before starting to fill the online application form candidates should keep the application fee payment through SBI challan details ready.
- After applying online, candidate is required to print the application form with unique registration number generated by the system. Candidates are required to send the hard copy of the application form along with required enclosures(self attested recent passport size photograph securely pasted in the space provided on the application form, Company’s copy of the SBI challan (in original), qualifying degree provisional or degree certificate, caste/disability certificate wherever applicable by speed post only to: General Manager (Personnel/Recruitment) Coal India Limited, 10 Netaji Subhas Road, Kolkata-700001 on or before 28th April 2014.
- Please superscribe the envelop on top as ” MT-(Discipline name)”. It is important to note that, your candidature will be considered only if we receive the hard copy of the application forms along with the required certificates/enclosures on or before the last date.
- All candidates are advised to note that, any other office of CIL or subsidiary company will not accept any hard copy applications and it must be mailed to address given above only.
- Candidates are advised to keep several copies of the passport size photograph pasted by them on the application form, handy since the same photograph is to be used for subsequent documents, if shortlisted for interview.
- The company will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit in submission of documents within specified time.
- If a candidate cannot fill the online application form in single attempt, he / she can log in again and complete filling from the last saved status. However, candidates must complete filling the form and submit the same before 11:59 PM of 14th April 2014 i.e. the last date for online application and hard copies to reach before the last date specified above.
- Admit Card: Candidates who are allowed to appear for the All India written examination are required to login to Coal India website to down load/print their admit card for appearing at the written test. Candidate should carry the admit card and a self attested copy of the Government issued photo Identity Card to the test center for appearing at the written test. Their identities are liable to be verified with the original copy of said Identity Card. No candidate shall be allowed for written test without said documents.
- Personal interviews: List of candidates who qualified/ shortlisted for interview will be given in the website and they will be intimated about the time and venue. The interview call letters also required to be down loaded/printed from the company website on the announcement of interview schedule. Similarly, the final list of selected candidates will also be given in the website and they will also be intimated about the joining date and other formalities through website and email to candidates.
Important dates to remember :
- Date of commencement of online application 17 March 2014- 10 AM
- Closing date of online application submission 14th April 2014 upto 11.59 PM
- Last date for receiving the printed online application with enclosures by Speed post 28 st April 2014
- Date of written test (Tentative) 8th June 2014
How to Apply: