Company Name: Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
Position: Network Engineer Role
Education: Bachelor’s degree
1. Maintains routine data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates, resolves and/or escalates network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes and isolates errors; assists in assessing and updating older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
2. Provides first line technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers routine technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action.
3. Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, call management system, etc. for maintenance.
4. Assists in designing, and implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operation status of networks.
5. Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
6. Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Assists in routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
3. Zero or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
4. Experience working with current local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues
5. Experience working with current network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
6. Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
7. Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
8. Possess Department of Defense (DoD) security access and/or DoD security clearance
1. Analytical and problem solving skills
2. Skilled in time, priority and task management
3. Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
4. Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6. Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
7. Ability to convey a professional image and deal confidently with technical problems
8. Willingness to travel
CSC is a global leader of next generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The Company’s mission is to enable superior returns on our client’s technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 87,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.8 billion for the 12 months ended June 28, 2013.Our people do amazing things to help businesses, government and communities solve their toughest challenges.
How to Apply: