Company Name: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO DMRL)
Position: Junior Research Fellow, Research Associates
Education: B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, M.Sc (Physics & Chemistry), Ph.D
Experience: 2 years
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow, Research Associates
Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory was established at Hyderabad in 1963 to meet the needs of complex materials for modern defence applications with a mission to develop advanced materials, innovative process technologies and related product engineering supported by basic and applied research. The vision of DMRL is to be a centre of excellence for providing total material solutions for defence systems.
Ten (10) positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and One (01) position of Research Associates (RA) are to be filled up at DMRL, Hyderabad. Applications are invited from candidates possessing the following qualification
Position, Subject, Essential Qualification, No. of Posts
- JRF Metallurgy/Material Science BE/B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering/ Material Science and Engineering with first division. 06
- JRF Physics M.Sc in Physics with first division 03
- JRF Chemistry M.Sc in Chemistry with first division 01
- RA Metallurgy/Material Science/ Physics ME /M.Tech with first division with 2 years experience or Ph.D in Metallurgical Engineering/Material Science and Engineering / Ph.D in Physics. 01
Desirable: Preference shall be given to those who have qualified in CSIR/NET/UGC/GATE examination.
- JRFs are offered a monthly stipend of Rs. 16,000/-p.m. for 1st and 2nd year and Rs.18,000/-.p.m for 3rd year (If retained as JRF) during entire tenure. The stipend during the entire period of Research Associate of 2 years shall be at the rate of Rs.24,000/-p.m. H.R.A at 30% and Medical facilities are applicable as per rules.
- The age limit for JRF and RA is maximum of 28 years and 30 years respectively as on the date of the interview. The age is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates who satisfy the criteria may appear for a walk-in-interview on 10.04.2014 for Metallurgical Engg/Material Science Engg. and 11.04.2014 for Physics & Chemistry at DMRL, Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad. Last date for receipt of application is 10.03.2014.
- Only candidates who have completed the course and awarded degree/provisional certificate are eligible to apply for JRF position. However, the candidates appearing for final year BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech are also eligible to apply although the JRF position shall be awarded only after the candidate has received the provisional certificate for the B.E/B.Tech./M.Sc. degree.
- Only candidates who have completed their M.Tech and have two years experience and candidates who have completed their Ph.D are eligible to apply for Research Associateship position. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D thesis may also apply. However, the Research Associateship shall be awarded only after the Candidate has received the provisional certificate for Ph.D degree.
- The candidates applied for JRF may be allowed to register for Ph.D with any University/Institution during the tenure of fellowship.
- Eligible candidates may register by forwarding the application form duly completed as per Annexure-II to [email protected] on or before 10.03.2014. Application form can be download from the website www.drdo.gov.in
- The shortlisted candidates can appear for a walk-in-interview at 0930 hrs on 10.04.2014 for Metallurgical Engg/Material Science Engg and 11.04.2014 for Physics & Chemistry at DMRL, Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad – 500 058 and should carry a hard copy of the application form along with the testimonials.
- Candidates will be required to produce all certificates/testimonials, community certificate, if applicable, in original during interview. They must also bring a set of attested Photocopies of all testimonials along with two recent colour passport size photographs (other than the one pasted on the application form) during interview.
- The tenure of the JRF will be initially for a period of 2 years and will be extendable for 3rd, 4th and 5th year based on the performance and shall not exceed 5 years.
- The initial offer and the total tenure of Research Associate (RA) shall be for 2 years only.
- The offer of fellowship does not confer on the candidates any right for absorption in DRDO under any circumstances.
- Candidates working in Govt/Public sector undertaking / Autonomous bodies should produce no objection certificate to attend the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or for joining, if selected.
General Information DEFENCE METALLURGICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY (DMRL) is situated about 15 Kms from Secunderabad Railway Station and 10 Kms from Hyderabad Railway Station. Bus Nos. 102 from Secunderabad station to Labs Qtrs, 102 from Public Gardens (Near Hyderabad Railway Station) to Midhani/Keshavagiri, 102A, 102B, 203, 251M, 102M & 102P from Koti, Women’s College to different places ply via DMRL X Roads (alighting point) at frequent intervals.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 10/03/2014
How to Apply: