Electricity Governance Initiative (EGI) hiring Internship
Company Name: Electricity Governance Initiative (EGI)
Education: Any Graduate
Salary: Not specified
Research to identify potential benefits of rural electrification through mini-grid and off-grid RE solutions; Research methods to enhance good governance in the implementation and monitoring of energy efficiency programs in India; and Conduct primary and secondary research on social and environmental impacts of renewable energy.
1. EGI seeks applicants with a background in energy policy, environmental science, law, political science, economics, electrical engineering, or a related field.
2. Successful applicants will have a demonstrated interest in electricity and/or governance issues, development issues, and an understanding of the role that legal and political systems play in governing the electricity sector.
Candidate Profile :
Applicants must possess:
1. Excellent research and writing skills in English;
2. Some knowledge of energy, development and environmental issues;
3. Strong computer skills – (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc);
4. Attention to detail, be highly organized, and be able to work in a team and independently;
5. Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary setting.
6. Knowledge of a second language desired
The Electricity Governance Initiative (EGI) is a unique network of civil society organizations dedicated to promoting transparent, inclusive and accountable decision-making in the electricity sector.
Since 2005, we have worked with civil society organizations around the world to complete assessments of electricity governance in their respective countries, and to advocate for improvements in governance. More than 30 organizations around the world are now partners in the Initiative. The World Resources Institute serves as the global secretariat for EGI, with the Prayas Energy Group (India) serving as our special knowledge partner.
How to Apply: