EMC Data Storage Systems hiring Assoc Delivery Specialist II
Company Name: EMC Data Storage Systems
Position: Assoc Delivery Specialist II
Education: Any Graduate
Experience: 0 to 2 yrs.
The Associate Implementation Specialist II will be providing services to EMC Customers.
The extent of these services will include installing, upgrading, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting EMC products, and the integration of these products with others in a dynamic customer environment that may be complex.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Provides software related custom integration and implementation support of EMC products at customer sites involving unique environments and configurations; this may include pre-site inspection, initial installation, troubleshooting, implementation, customization, integration, and product orientation for the customer.
-Performs basic to moderately complex and/or extended-stay software implementations. Implementation functions may include; configuring network interfaces, configuring file systems, configuring IP/FC/iSCSI Host Base Adapters (HBAs), running scripts, zoning and masking, installing and upgrading software/code, testing/validating final product solution and developing appropriate customer configuration guides.
-Installs or upgrades EMC software and hardware products in an Open Systems environment. Installation functions include: technical planning, design review including providing feedback on solution, the creation of implementation configuration files, running/storing cable, defining and applying hardware/software settings and setting up remote support.
-Demonstrate system capabilities, review software operation and management tools, and provide information to customer concerning the operation and use of EMC products.
Desired Candidate Profile
– Administrative/Ind Development Function
– Keeps Project Managers informed of activities, alerting of any issues promptly. Provides updates to EMC case tracking system and or other technical applications for software implementation and Problem Reporting/Resolution.
– Stays current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of EMC software products, including new and soon to be released products. Adheres to proper GS alert and escalation procedures.
– Keeps appropriate management personnel informed in accordance to EMC policies.
– Focuses on continued technical development through EMC Proven Professional program and third party training and certification programs. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
– EMC Proven Professional Certification is desired
– 0-2 years field support in a comparable IT environment
– Knowledge of Storage Systems is desired
EMC’s vision is to create the ultimate information lifecycle management company and help customers in getting the maximum value from their information at the lowest total cost, at every point in the information lifecycle. With 2005 revenues of $9.66 billion, and approximately 26,500 employees worldwide, EMC is the world leader in products, services, and solutions for information storage and management. EMC Software Group (ESG) is among the 10 largest software companies in the world.
How to Apply: