Company Name: GAIL (India) Limited
Position: Executive Trainees
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Details of Post :
GAIL (India) Limited, a Maharatna PSU and India’s flagship Natural Gas company, is integrating all aspects of the Natural Gas value chain (including Exploration & Production, Processing, Transmission, Distribution and Marketing) and its related services. In a rapidly changing scenario, GAIL is spearheading the move to a new era of clean fuel industrialization by creating a quadrilateral of green energy corridors that connect major consumption centres in India with major gas fields, LNG terminals and other cross border gas sourcing points. GAIL is also expanding its business overseas to become a formidable player in the International Market.
GAIL is looking for committed, vibrant and passionate young Graduate Engineers for recruitment as Executive Trainees in the disciplines of MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, INSTRUMENTATION AND CHEMICAL Engineering through GATE-2014.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE POST OF EXECUTIVE TRAINEES ARE INDICATED IN TABLE-1 BELOW
- Executive Trainee (Mechanical) – Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Mechanical / Production / Production & Industrial / Manufacturing / Mechanical & Automobile with minimum 65 % Marks.
- Executive Trainee (Electrical) – Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics with minimum 65 % Marks.
- Executive Trainee (Instrumentation) – Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation / Electrical & Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics with minimum 65 % Marks.
- Executive Trainee (Chemical) – Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Chemical / Petrochemical / Chemical Technology / Petrochemical Technology with minimum 65 % Marks.
AGE LIMIT & AGE RELAXATION:
The upper Age Limit is 28 years as on 28.01.2014 for the posts of Executive Trainee in all disciplines.
- Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.24900 – 50500/- at the Basic Pay of Rs.24900/- during one year training cum probation as Executive Trainee in E-2 grade. On successful completion of their Training cum Probation Period, they will be absorbed in the same Pay Scale of Rs.24900 – 50500/- in E-2 grade.
- Pay and Allowances: Basic Pay as applicable in the grade, Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) at the applicable rates and perks & allowances under cafeteria approach.
- Variable Pay: Performance Related Pay based on individual and organizational performance.
- Other Benefits: Company Accommodation / Leased Accommodation / HRA, medical facility, group insurance, house building advance, conveyance advance, furnishing advance/ PC advance, etc.
- Superannuation Benefits: Besides Contributory Provident Fund and Gratuity, employees who superannuate from GAIL after rendering a minimum of 15 years of service will also be entitled to pension and PostRetirement Medical Benefits under Defined Contributory Scheme of the company.
- All the above benefits will be governed by the policy of the Company in force & amended from time to time.
PLACEMENT/ ASSIGNMENTS: During the Training-cum-Probation period and/or after absorption, the candidates may be posted at any of the installations/ projects/ offices, etc. of GAIL (India) Limited or any of the subsidiaries/ Joint Ventures of GAIL (India) Limited or deputed to any Department of Govt. of India/ other PSUs, etc. The selected candidates may be assigned jobs/functions/assignments as per the business requirements of the company including shift operations.
SELECTION PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY:
- GAIL will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2014 scores (GATE-2014 – Scores) for recruitment of Executive Trainees in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Chemical during the year 2014.
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Executive Trainee in the above disciplines in GAIL will be required to first apply for appearing in GATE-2014 and thereafter, appear in GATE-2014 as per instructions and timelines notified by GATE-2014 Organizing Institute
- Based on the GATE-2014 score and requirement, candidates will be short-listed for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview for the position of Executive Trainees in the above disciplines. Please note that only GATE-2014 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2013 or prior to that is not valid.
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2014 Registration number printed on the admit card. On receipt/downloading of GATE- 2014 Admit card with registration number, candidates will have to separately apply online in GAIL indicating their GATE-2014 Registration Number on the career section of GAIL website (www.gailonline.com). For this purpose, the relevant link will be made available from 27.12.2013 to 28.01.2014 in the career section of our website www.gailonline.com. It may be noted that application without valid GATE-2014 registration number will be rejected.
- Please ensure that the GATE-2014 Registration number which is mentioned on your GATE-2014 admit card, is entered correctly in the online application. Name should be filled up as appearing in your GATE-2014 Admit card. No request with respect to making changes in any data/ particulars entered by the candidate in the online application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully.
- CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLINE THROUGH GAIL WEBSITE: www.gailonline.com only, indicating their GATE-2014 Registration Number. No other means / mode of application shall be accepted. The relevant link will be made available from 1100 hrs on 27.12.2013 to 2400 hrs on 28.01.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 28 Jan 2014
How to Apply: