Company Name: General Mills
Position: Quality Coordinator Role
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Experience: 0 – 3 yrs
The heart of General Mills Food Package Labeling systems are the E-Clips (Electronic label information processing system) & PLS (Product Labeling System). Every finished product package label needs to comply to Quality and Regulatory standards prescribed by the US FDA Laws and Company Policies which are managed through our core systems.
General Mills is seeking experts to handle Finished Products Labeling, who will be responsible for reviewing & updating package labels in their complex, yet powerful system, to provide accurate package labels that comply with the regulation for printing and used at manufacturing plants for packaging the food products.
Roles & Accountabilities:
1. Assist US teams in creation and update of Finished Product Specifications in PLM
2. Assist reconciling data discrepancies and standardizing specs
3. Complete specification Obsolete process as directed
4. Execute projects as directed
5. Support One time projects like system clean-ups, Misc. reporting request and complete in time with utmost accuracy
6. Update and Maintain business information on spreadsheets
7. Support US business teams on system testing’s after system upgrade or for new systems/applications
8. Update, validate and manage MQIS central database
9. Derive consistency in MQIS content in the specifications
10. Provide input on or creating SOPs for Work Processes and Systems
11. Update team Metrics on timely basis as directed
12. Support documentation for onboarding and training plans
1. 0 to 2 years of relevant experience in food science, or nutrition and/or related fields.
2. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in food science or a related life science fields preferred
Required Skill Set :
1. Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, clearly articulates views in a written and verbal discussions
2. Strong command of the English language
3. Ability to exercise judgment in handling confidential proprietary information
4. Demonstrated good attention to detail and focus on quality of work.
5. High self-motivation with the ability to work both independently and in team
6. Exhibits strong problem solving and analytical skills – identifies issues and provides ideas or proposes solutions for resolution
7. Ability to organize and manage information to efficiently deliver results
8. Strong computer skills, clear knowledge of Microsoft suite of software. Aptitude to learn new systems. Experience with SAP-PLM (specification system) preferred.
9. Ability to develop and utilize technical expertise on food science & Nutrition, consult with technical experts, and ensure the delivery of timely, accurate and complete specifications to the business is essential.
Global Business Services (GBS) operates as a division of General Mills India.
GBS provides quality business support services to General Mills operations around the world, focusing on work process integration and on building and utilizing common infrastructure, technology and management practices worldwide.
How to Apply: