Company Name: Global English
Position: Software Engineer
Education: Bachelors Degree
This role involves to developing and integrating front and back end functionality using open source technologies. You will have extensive PHP experience and experience building and implementing websites and APIs.
Technical skill set:
1. PHP 5.x (object-oriented and procedural) and MySQL 5.x
2. Data store : MYSQL,SQL,NoSQL
3. RESTful web services (JSON, XML)
4. Yii(Module development, Theming)
6. XHTML, CSS, web standards
1. Agile/Scrum and test-driven development (TDD)
2. Delegated authentication technologies such as OAuth, OpenID etc
3. Mobile app development (iPhone, Android, Symbian)
4. Social media development (e.g. Facebook, Open Social, Twitter)
Founded in 1997 by Reece Duca, Stephen Patrick and Martin Rice, GlobalEnglish has grown from an idea to serve the English-training needs of the global business world to becoming the leading provider of on-demand technology for improving Business English proficiency and advancing the business-critical imperative, Enterprise Fluency.In July 2012 GlobalEnglish was purchased by Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. Pearson’s education business combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and online support. Pearson is dedicated to helping people learn whatever, wherever and however they choose.
How to Apply: