Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) invites online application for the recruitment of State Eligibility Test (SET) for Master’s Degree holders
|Company name||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC)|
|Posts||State Eligibility Test (SET) – 2014|
|Application Last date||29.12.2014|
Details of Post :
State Eligibility Test (SET) – 2014
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS THROUGH WEBSITE IS UPTO 29.12.2014 TILL 11:59 P.M. AFTER WHICH THE LINK WILL BE DISABLED.
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorized Agency) announces holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) in the month of March/ April 2015 (Sunday) for determining the Eligibility for recruitment to the post(s) of Assistant Professor(s) in universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The test will be conducted in 19 subjects as listed below at various examination centres located at i.e. Shimla, Solan, Mandi and Dharamshala.
- The Candidates applying should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the State Eligibility Test (SET). Their admission at all the stages of the SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Test.
- The candidates must read the instructions carefully, which are available on the website of the Commission, i.e. http://hp.gov.in/hppsc/ before filling up Online RecruitmentApplication Forms.
- Incomplete Online Applications submitted without requisite examination fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
- FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES : In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact HPPSC’s Help Centre over Telephone Nos. 0177- 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 (Toll Free) on working days between 10.00 hrs to17.00 hrs.
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disability(PWD), Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non creamy layer), as per the Central/State list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website : www.ncbc.nic.in, candidates will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the Commission.
- After the deceleration of SET result qualified candidates have to furnish Photostat copies of their testimonials viz. Matriculation/Post Graduation / Category to which they belong, in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing SET qualified certificate.
LIST OF SUBJECTS FOR SET:
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Applications
- Tourism Administration & Management
- Journalism & Mass Communication.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION: There is no upper age limit to apply for appearing in SET
|Name of Post||Qualification|
|State Eligibility Test (SET) – 2014||
- GENERAL (including reserved category candidates of OTHER STATES) Rs. 700/-
- SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layer) / PWD of Himachal Pradesh Rs.175/-
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to visit at www.hp.gov.in/hppsc and click the link to APPLY ONLINE FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website. The candidates already registered with HPPSC for other examinations / test need not to register again and they may use said User ID and Password for applying online.
- The candidate must read the conditions of eligibility at Item No. 3 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online applications.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card alongwith their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
- The Commission may change SET Examination Centre/ date of examination without assigning any reason.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/ Room.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Physically/ Visually handicapped candidates who are not in position to write in their own hand writing can avail the services of scribers by making prior request to the Commission at least one week before the commencement of the written test.
- The candidate should ensure that his category code in answer sheet is the same as he/ she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at later stage.
- No candidate shall be allowed to go outside the examination hall /room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking Tea in examination hall /room is also strictly prohibited.
- Candidate will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Admission Card or on any other paper.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended and photographs pasted by them in all the places, viz., in their Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Card should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- The candidates in their own interest are requested to retain a photocopy of the Application Form for their record.
- Application Form must be completed in all respects as per the Notification.15 No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before
- 15 P.M. in the 1st session and 4.30 P.M. in the 2nd session.
- The candidates are being provided Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. They have to return the original OMR sheet (upper part of pink colour ) of Paper I, Paper-II and Paper III to the Invigilator(s) before leaving the examination hall/room. The candidates are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I,II and III alongwith duplicate (Carbonless copy of green colour) OMR Sheet on conclusion of the examination.
- The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission alongwith admission letters. It may be noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent to the concerned by post.
- The decision of the Commission shall be final in all matters.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No change of examination centre will be allowed.
- The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
- SET qualified candidates shall become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor (College Cadre) only in the University/Colleges belonging to Himachal Pradesh State.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :29.12.2014