Company Name: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
Education: Ph.D, M. Tech
Details of Post :
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of R 2,15,675 Crores and 260th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2012-13. HPCL accounts for about 20% of the market share and about 10% of the nation’s refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, which accounts for over 40% of the India’s total Lube Base Oil production.
HPCL with its performance oriented culture and well-rounded peoples’ policies has won several prestigious awards like the “Golden Peacock Innovative Product/ Service Award 2012”, “Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2013” by World CSR Congress, CSR Excellence Award” 2012-13 by ASSOCHAM” and “INDIASTAR 2012 Award” by the Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) as recognition of excellence in Packaging. HPCL has also been recently conferred with the prestigious and one of the most acclaimed awards in the country, BML Munjal Award for Excellence in Learning and Development in its 8th edition. fulfilling its Mission and to face the future challenges the Corporation has set up its Corporate R&D Center at Bangalore and is expanding it into a world class facility.
The Corporation now plans to engage M.Tech in Chemical Engg/Energy Studies or other relevant subject, Ph.D or those who have submitted thesis in Chemistry/Chemical Engg/Energy Studies/Biotechnology or any other relevant subject as RESEARCH ASSOCIATES on fixed term basis. Interested candidates are advised toapply online in the prescribed format.
Terms of reference and other details regarding engagement of Research Associates on fixed term basis are as follows:
POSITION: RESEARCH ASSOCIATES ON FIXED TERM
- To prepare project proposal including work plan on the specific research topic assigned
- to the candidate.
- To carryout research activities on the specific topic including literature search, set up experimental facilities, if required, carryout experimental/ pilot/ simulation studies.
- Interpret results and undertake studies for further development/ improvement.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Carryout any other activities that are assigned to the candidates from time to time.
- Fresh Ph.D. or those who have submitted Ph.D. thesis in Organic Chemistry, Catalysis, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology/Microbiology/ Molecular Biology, Adsorption Technology, Electro Chemistry, CFD Modelling or related area and min 60% marks at Graduate & Post graduate level (Aggregate of all semesters). A brief description of the Ph.D topic is to be provided. OR
- M. Tech in Chemical Engineering/Biotechnology or related area with min. 60% marks at Graduate & Post Graduate level and 1 year post M.Tech experience.
Duration of Assignment : The engagement is initially for a period of one year only, which may be extended by one more year based on the project requirement and performance of the candidate.
Stipend: An all-inclusive stipend of r50, 000/- to r60, 000/- per month depending on qualification & experience, is payable. This includes HRA, Accident Insurance, Medical Insurance, Lunch allowance etc. The premium towards Insurances and deduction towards subsidised lunch facilities and other such facilities will be deducted from your stipend. Work related travel expenses will be separately reimbursed as per the requirements.
Mode of Selection: Selection will be made on the basis of screening of applications as per the eligibility norms and/or screening test of eligible candidates followed by personal interview by the Selection Committee.
Age Limit: 32 years or below as on 12.03.2014.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information.
- Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy of the detailed CV (including brief description of Ph.D. topic in case of PhD candidates) readily available at the time of submitting on-line application.
- Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a Unique Application ID along with the completed application form
- Candidates should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
- In case the candidate is called for interview, he/she should come with this printed application form.
- Application received upto 12.03.2014 (last date for closing of applications) will be screened. Application received later shall be considered after three months.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 23rd March 2014
How to Apply: