IBM hiring FRESH Systems Support Specialist
Company Name: IBM
Position: Systems Support Specialist
Education: Diploma, B.Tech
Experience: 0 – 1 yrs (2012/2013)
This Role is an Individual Contributor responsible for On-Site Installation, Maintenance and Repair of IBM and Multi-Vendor Systems and Components, including Hardware, Networking Products, Software and Operating Systems.
They are the Primary Technical interface to Customers for the coordination of Hardware And/Or Software Support and Delivery of Technical Services as required by the Customer. They are accountable to ensure a High Level of Customer Satisfaction with Service Delivery, Technical Support and Operational Services for the Customer Account(S). When Critical situations occur, they are the IBM Technical interface to Customers and manage the Situation until the Problem is fixed.
1. System Support Representative- pSeries
1. Basic understanding of RISC based architecture.
2. Knowledge of any Unix AIX/HP-UX/Solaris/Linux
3. Installation and troubleshooting of AIX/HP-UX/Solaris/Linux
4. Basic knowledge of PowerHA/HACMP Service guard, SUN cluster or Linux clusters.
5. Logical partitioning of Systems.
6. CPU , Memory, I/O virtualization.
7. Knowledge of Logical Volume Manager.
8. Backup and Recovery procedures.
2. System Support Representative- Storage
1. Good understanding of RAID Technology
2. Knowledge of mid range Storage servers IBM/Hitachi/EMC/Netapp
3. Familiarity with various disk interfaces SCSI/SATA/FC etc
4. Implementation and support experience on SAN and NAS
5. Problem solving skills in the above technology.
6. Knowledge of various copy service functions and replication.
7. Tape Libraries. Configuration and troubleshooting
8. Basic knowledge of backup utilities.
1. 60% and above/ 6.0 CGPA & above in the highest degree
2. Candidates must not have any backlog at the time of IBM process on campus.
3. Computer Science / Electronics / Electronics & Communications / Information Technology.
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. IBM has been expanding its footprint in India.
How to Apply: