Company Name: Indian Air Force
Education: Any Graduate
Details of Post :
Indian Air Force offers opportunities for UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN CITIZENS from all the Districts of State of Sikkim and Designated Districts of State of West Bengal to become airmen. The Recruitment Test for Group ‘Y’ (Except Automobile Technician, Ground Training Instructor, Indian Air Force (Police) and Musician) Trades will be held at 4 Airmen Selection Centre (Near Palta Gate), Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal from 16 February 2014 to 19 February 2014 as per the Selection Programme given below
SELECTION PROGRAMME. The Recruitment Test will be conducted from 7AM onwards as per the details given below. Candidates reporting upto 10AM at the Rally venue will only be permitted to appear in the Recruitment Rally.
- DATE OF BIRTH BLOCK. (a) Candidates should be born between 01 FEBRUARY 1994 to 31 MAY 1997 (both days inclusive). (b) Upper age limit on date of enrolment is 21 years.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / equivalent examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central/State Education Boards, with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR
- Passed two year Vocational Course affiliated/recognised by CBSE / State Education Boards/Councils duly recognised at par with 10+2 by AIU with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate / Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
Note : – Exact aggregate percentage of marks up to first place of decimal for all subjects as mentioned in the Marks Sheet of Intermediate or 10+2/equivalent (For example, 49.9% should NOT be rounded off to 50%).
WRITING MATERIALS AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Candidates are to bring the following documents and writting materials along with them while coming for the examination:-
(a) HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Gum tube, Stapler and Black/Blue Ball Point Pen for writting. (b) Seven copies of recent (taken on or after 16 November 2013) passport size colour photograph (front portrait, without headgear except for Sikhs). Photographs should be only on good quality “photo paper” with Light Background. (c) Two unstamped self addressed 24×10 cm white envelopes of good quality. (d) Original and three self attested photocopies of all educational certificates, marks sheets and Domicile Certificate as well as NCC certificates (if applicable). UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES THE CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO APPEAR IN THE RALLY WITHOUT ORIGINAL MATRICULATION PASS CERTIFICATE, INTERMEDIATE/VOCATIONAL COUSE MARKS SHEET, INTERMEDIATE/VOCATIONAL COURSE PASS CERTIFICATE AND DOMICILE CERTIFICATE (IF APPLICABLE). HOWEVER, CANDIATES WITH PHOTOCOPIES OF MATRICULATION PASS CERTIFICATE, INTERMEDIDATE/ VOCATIONAL COURSE MARKS SHEET AND INTERMEDIATE/VOCATIONAL COUSE PASS CERTIFICATE CAN BE PERMITTED TO APPEAR IN THE RALLY ONLY ON PRODUCTION OF A CERTIFICATE FROM SCHOOL / COLLEGE PRINCIPAL CERTIFYING THAT EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES / MARKS SHEETS ARE DEPOSITED WITH SCHOOL / COLLEGE. (e) Consent Form: (as per the format given below) Candidates are to bring the “Consent Form” to the Examination Venue and submit it before the Physical Fitness Test. Candidates below 18 years of age are to get the the Consent Form filled and signed by their parent/guardian. The candidates of 18 years of age and above can sign the consent form themselves.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- TENURE AND TRAINING. Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years. Initially candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for Trade Training of specified duration. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. After successful completion of training, the airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their allotted trades.
- PAY & ALLOWANCES. During training, a stipend of Rs. 8,550/-per month will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Dearness Allowance(DA), will be Rs. 19,475/-per month (approximately) [Pay in Pay Band – (Rs.6,250/-)+Grade Pay – (Rs.2,000/-)+Military Service Pay (MSP)-Rs.2,000/- [email protected]%- (Rs.9,225/-) which, in subsequent years, may rise up to Rs.36,784/-per month(approximately)[ Pay in Pay Band -(Rs.12,560/ -) + Grade Pay – (Rs.4800/-) + Military Service Pay (MSP) – (Rs.2,000) + DA @ 90% – (Rs.17,424/-)] as per sixth pay commission depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance(CPMA), Leave Ration Allowance (LRA), Family Planning Allowance, GCB+Classn pay, HRA etc are also admissible to airmen.
- PERQUISITES. Perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical Facilities, Free Accommodation, CSD Canteen Facilities, Leave (60 days Annual and 30 days Casual leave admissible as a priviledge), Education Concession to children, Recreational Facilities, Free Transport for school going children and Leave Travel Concession (LTC). Not withstanding the above, Group Insurance Cover of Rs.25,00,000/- at a premium of Rs.1,730/- per month, is covered for all airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme is also extended. Other facilities by Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA) are also extended for family of airmen.
SEQUENCE OF EXAMINATION
- WRITTEN TEST. Written test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English Paper. Duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and will be conducted in English as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA). CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY EACH PAPER SEPERATELY. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT) . All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
- INTERVIEW. Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Interview is normally conducted in English. Working Knowledge of English is thus essential.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION . Medical examination will be conducted as per IAF medical standards for recruitment as airmen by medical officers of the Armed Forces. Candidates declared Medically Unfit can avail the option for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) against their Unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/ RBI/SBI through Military Receivable Order (MRO). The application for AMB along with original copy of MRO, Xerox copy of Unfitness Certificate and Postal Stamp worth Rs. 25/- affixed on a self addressed envelope are to be submitted to 4 Airmen Selection Centre (Near Palta Gate), Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal for processing within seven working days from the date of issue of Medical Certificate.
Note: Candidates are also advised to get tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the written test. Ears should be free of wax. Candidates should be prepared to stay for the test for four to five days under their own arrangement No TA/DA will be admissible.
PUBLISHING OF ALL INDIA SELECT LIST (AISL). The All India Select List (AISL) will be displayed at 4 Airmen Selection Centre (Near Palta Gate), Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (North), West Bengal on 30 APRIL 2014. A copy of the Display List will be sent to District Magistrate of Barrackpore (West Bengal) through Airmen Selection Centre and also will be available at Indian Air Force website www.indianairforce.nic.in. The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the Rally. Inclusion of name in the All India Select List (AISL) does not guarantee automatic enrolment. Enrolment is strictly in order of merit from the AISL subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment.
Important dates to remember :
- Last date to apply : 16 Feb 2014
- 16 February 2014 : Written Test and Physical Fitness Test (P F T)for Group ‘Y’ (Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF (P) and Musician) Trades.
- 17 February 2014 : Interview and Medical Examination of candidates passed on 16 February 2014
How to Apply: