Indian Air Force (IAF) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Commissioned Officer through recruitment notification – Indian Air Force (IAF) Recruitment 2015 – DAVP 10801/11/0015/1516. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Air Force (IAF).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Commissioned Officer Job on or before 1/8/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Air Force (IAF)
Vacancy Name : Commissioned Officer
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 1 Post
Salary : Rs.15,600-39,100/- p.m
Job Location : NEW DELHI
Last Date to Apply for this job : 1/8/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI – 110106
Detail of Indian Air Force (IAF) Commissioned Officer Recruitment:
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following courses commencing in July 2016 for grant of Permanent / Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch.
- Age : 20-26 Years as on 01 July 2016 i.e born in between 02 July 1990 to 01 July 1996. (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
- Physical Standards (i) Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Men – 157.5 Cms, Women – 152 Cms with correlated weight . (ii) All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be fina
- TYPE OF COMMISSION : 3. Permanent Commission : Candidates joining as Permanent Commission (PC) Officers in Meteorology Branch would continue to serve till the age of superannuation. Short Service Commission : ( ) fficers in Branch would . Note : ‘APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSES COMMENCING IN JULY2016’. No queries / correspondence will be entertained regarding late receipt / non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications. 2. Meteorology Branch – 199/16G/PC/M,199/16G/SSC/M and 199/16G/SSC/W 15 Jun 2016. 4. a The initial tenure for Short Service Commission O Meteorology be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service requirements and availability of vacancies
Selection Procedure for Indian Air Force (IAF) – Commissioned Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 1/8/2015.
- Candidates who are short-listed will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing would consist of two stages as given below. (a) Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I Test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the Meteorology Branch. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself. (b) Stage-II Testing consisting of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).
- Pay and Allowances:- Flying Officers will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of Rs 15,600 – 39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty / place of posting and would include , Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory (Hill area) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachin Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Hard Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance. On successful completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in Meteorology Branch, including Transport Allowance of major cities, of Rs 64,926/-
- Benefits:- In addition to the Pay & Allowances, Officers are entitled to Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual) subject to service exigency, supply of entitled rations, canteen & Officers’ Mess facilities and many more.
- Insurance: – Rs. 50 Lakh Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. 20. TA:- Traveling Allowance by the shortest route for AC-III Tier Mail/ Express Trains to and fro for the journey from the place of Call Up or departure (whichever is nearer) is admissible. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket/ bus ticket (hard copy) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPAinstead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPAto percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPAinto equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. The onus of proving the conversion from grade/CGPA topercentage of marks would rest with the candidate.
- Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried (term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidate will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- The candidates must carry a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for SSB Interview at Air Force Selection Board.
- The candidature for the courses commencing in July 2016 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15 Jun 2016 .
- Candidates who have been withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
- PAN Card is a mandatory requirement to join AFA.
- Use of mobile phone inside AFSBs is prohibited.
- Candidates to check www.careerairforce.nic.in regularly after 25 July 15 for call up details. Candidates whose name figure in call up details can report to concerned AFSB with the print out of the same even call up letter is not received through mail from AFSB.
- Physical Conditioning: Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
- Disclaimer: Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF / Govt. of India will be final.
- Statutory Warning: Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.
How to apply for Commissioned Officer Vacancy in Indian Air Force (IAF) :
Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI – 110106 by ordinary post only.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 1/8/2015
Indian Air Force (IAF) Recruitment 2014 – DAVP 10801/11/0015/1516.