Company Name: Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Position: AIEEA-UG-2014 & AIEEA-PG-2014 And RSF (PGS)
Education: Degree and Post Graduates
Location: New Delhi
Details of Post :
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications from Indian Nationals, in the prescribed format, for ICAR’s 19th AIEEA-UG-2014 and AIEEA-PG-2014 on 100% seats at ICAR-Deemed-to-be-Universities (Bachelor degree at NDRI Karnal only while Master degrees at IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE), and on 15% seats for Bachelor degrees and 25% seats for Master degrees at State Agricultural Universities; Central Agricultural University, Imphal; Central Universities with Agricultural Faculty (B.H.U., Viswa Bharati, Nagaland University and A.M.U. (for PG only) and the SHIATS Allahabad for the academic session 2014-15 (This examination does not include admission to Bachelor degree programmes in Veterinary Sciences). All India Competitive Examination for the award of Senior Research Fellowship (SRF-PGS) to pursue Ph.D. degree programme in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sciences will also be conducted along with AIEEA-PG-2014. For details of notification, visit ICAR website (www.icar.org.in).
The procedure for online application has been described in the Information Bulletins. For SRF (PGS), the applications will be submitted ONLINE only. Applications for AIEEA-UG and PG can be submitted both Online and Offline. For submitting application Online, a provision has been kept to deposit the application fee either through (i) Bank challan of Syndicate Bank or (ii) Credit/debit card using Payment Gateway of Syndicate Bank or (iii) NEFT.
Dates of Examination:
UG: Saturday, the 12th April 2014 (10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) th
PG: Sunday, the 13 April 2014 (10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) th
SRF (PGS): Sunday, the 13 April 2014 (10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) th
(10: 00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) Single paper.
Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Forms:
UG & PG (Online/Offline) 20th December, 2013 to 07th February
SRF (PGS) (Online only) 20 2014 th December, 2013 to 07th February
- For AIEEA-UG-2014 (UG Examination) : Between 17 to 23 years for General category candidates as on 31st August 2014. (must have been born between 01.09.1991 to 01.09.1997). The upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC (Physically Challenged) categories would be relaxable by 5 years.
- For AIEEA-PG-2014 (PG Examination) : Not less than 19 years as on 31st August 2014. (must not have been born after 01.09.1995)
- For SRF (PGS)-2014 : Between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates as on 13th April, 2014, the date of examination. The upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PC/OBC (Non-creamy layer as per the Central list of OBC) categories shall be relaxable by 5 years. For in-service candidates, the maximum age limit shall be 45 years in all cases as per the extant norms and guidelines.
- Qualifying Examination:
- For AIEEA-UG-2014: (Other than Veterinary Sciences) Must have passed and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General, UPS (Under Privileged State) and OBC categories or 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PC categories in 10+2 examination or equivalent/Inter (Agriculture) with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PCA/ PCH subject combinations.
- For AIEEA-PG-2014: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Agri. Marketing and Cooperation, Food Science, Biotechnology, Basic and allied sciences, etc. under 10+2+5 or 10+2+4 or 10+6 years degree programmes, (Few seats are also available for candidates having Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme) with required OGPA of 6.60/10, 3.25/5, 2.60/4 for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PC categories, the said requirement is 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PC, the requirement is 50% marks. (Equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable). The in-service candidates, seeking admission in ICAR Deemed-to-be-Universities, should see their respective website.
- For SRF (PGS)-2014: The candidates must have passed Master’s Degree programme in the concerned discipline securing Overall Grade Point Average of at least 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General and OBC Categories and 5.50/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/PC candidates, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General/OBC Category. For SC/ST/PC candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. The equivalence of OGPA to percent marks, where needed, will be certified by the Registrar of the concerned university and must be produced by the candidates. Candidates in the final semester would also be eligible provided they complete the Postgraduate degree in all respects by the date of examination and produce the degree completion certificate from the Registrar to this effect. The candidates who have already joined PhD should not have completed two years as on the date of examination. The above condition will also apply to in-service candidates.
Cost of Information Bulletin with Application Form:
AIEEA-UG-2014 : `500/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and ` 250/- for SC, ST and PC categories.
AIEEA-PG-2014 : ` 600/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and ` 300/- for SC, ST and PC categories.
SRF (PGS)-2014 : The Information Bulletin along with Application Form and other details will be available on ICAR website (www.icar.org.in) and a fee of `1200/- for General/OBC and `600/- for SC/ST and PC categories shall have to be deposited while submitting the application Online.
In addition, `25/- per Bulletin would be charged in case of UG and PG as handling charges plus service tax, as applicable, in case of purchase against cash (from the Registrars of Ag. Univ/specified branches of Syndicate Bank at specified places as given on ICAR website). The forms can also be obtained from eight specified ICAR Institutions by depositing DD.
How To apply:
To get the details regarding Information Bulletin with Application form and On Line Application, visit ICAR website www.icar.org.in.
The last date for the receipt of Applications in the office of “Controller of Examinations (Education), Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012″ for UG, PG and SRF (PGS) examinations is 07th Feb., 2014. However, for UG and PG candidates belonging to certain remote areas like NE Region, J&K, Lahaul & Spiti district and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of H. P., A&N Island and Lakshadweep, the last date for receipt of applications, both through offline and online mode (hard copy of the computer generated confirmation pages of application) will be 14th February, 2014. The last date to receive the hard copy of the computer generated confirmation pages of application form from SRF (PGS) candidates will also be 14th Feb., 2014. Applications received after the last date shall be rejected and Education Division, ICAR will not be responsible for non-receipt of application within the time schedule due to postal delay or any other reasons.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :14/02/2014
How to Apply: