Company Name: Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Education:Masters’ Degree or BE/B.Tech
Experience:Two years experience
Details of Post :
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under the administrative control of the Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Gauribidanur & an Extension Centre at Hoskote in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Ladakh region of Jammu &Kashmir. The Institute has solar optical observational facilities at Kodaikanal and in Ladakh, and solar radio observational facilities at Gauribidanur.
Applications are invited from young, bright, and highly motivated individuals to work for (a) the solar radio facility in Gauribidanur, and (b) development & maintenance of solar optical facilities at Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO), Leh/Hanle with the following positions:
- Name of the Post : ENGINEER-B
- No. of post : Three
- Scale of pay : Rs.15600-39100 plus Grade Pay Rs. 5400/-
- Age : Below 35 years
- Category : UR-1, SC-1 & OBC-1
- Place of posting : Two at Gauribidanur(Karnataka) & one at Hanle (Jammu & Kashmir)
For positions at Gauribidanur:
- Qualification: Masters’ Degree or BE/B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation or equivalent, from a recognized University/Institute.
- Work Experience: Minimum of two years experience in a leading national laboratory/institute in the areas of: design, development and testing of analog & digital circuits, familiarity with laboratory tests and measurement equipments, skills for development of data acquisition/analysis programs in C++, LAB VIEW, and MATLAB are essential. Expertise in designing FPGA logic, RF electronics/antennas, receivers and circuits is desirable.
For position at Hanle:
- Qualification: Masters’ Degree or BE/B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Computer Science or Instrumentation or Equivalent from a recognized University/Institute.
- Work Experience: Minimum of two years experience in development/working with electronic devices, communication systems and a skill to work on various operating systems, and higher level language programs are essential. Experience of working in high altitude sites (approx: 10,000 ft above msl) is desirable.
Candidates meeting the above requirements, may forward their application in the format attached to this advertisement together with copies of certificates of educational qualification, experience, caste, etc., super scribing “Application for the post of Engineer-B” on the envelope to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore – 560 034.
Last date for receipt of application is 03.04.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 03.04.2014
How to Apply: