Company Name: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay)
Education:B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech or M.A/M.Sc/MCA/MBA, Ph.D
Experience: 4-6 YRS
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary position for the sponsored project undertaken in the Centre for Distance Engineering Education Program of this Institute. The position is temporary initially for a period of 1 Year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
- Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
- 13MHRD001 : “Plan Grant to IIT Bombay under the World Bank Assisted Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP)-II for the year 2013-14″ (Ministry of Human Resource Development)
- Position & Salary Project Manager (2 Post s )
- Consolidated salary Rs.42000 – 60000/- p.m.
- Qualification Ph.D M.Tech./M.E/M.S/M.Des. with 4 Years Experience B.Tech./B.E/M.A/M.Sc./M.CA/MBA or equivalent with 6 Years Experience Bachelors in Engineering/ Physical Science and preferably Masters in Development area. Experience in the development field, working with multiple stakeholders in the water, energy, livelihoods sector.
- Job Profile Job Description: The position is in a research project funded by TEQIP project of MHRD. The project aims to upgrade engineering colleges in Maharashtra so that they may undertake projects in the development sectors. The methodology will be to (i) study TEQIP features and reports, (ii) assess engineering colleges in Maharashtra and their strengths and weakness, (iii) design an intervention, and (iv) assist in its deployment with colleges. The position will require skills of policy analysis, analysis of academic programs, communicating with academicians, students and administrators, considerable writing, organizing conclaves and so on. The position may be supported by some office staff. The right person will be the delivery head for the project. He/she will be guided by faculty members but otherwise will have to work independently and report to the PI.
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at http://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp , if there is any problem applying online, candidates may apply on plain paper stating the CIRCULAR NO. , project title, position applied for, name,permanent and mailing addresses,date of birth,details of academic qualification and experience or download the Application form available on http://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/ProjectStaffInfo.jsp with the copies of certificates/testimonials and must super scribe the envelope with CIRCULAR NO. & POST: to the Assistant Registrar (R & D),Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Powai, Mumbai-400076 so as to reach on or before 17th February, 2014 Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at their own expenses.
Important dates to remember
Last date to apply : 17/02/2014
How to Apply: