Indian Navy has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Engineers through recruitment notification – Indian Navy Recruitment 2015 – davp 10701/11/0065/1415. Candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Navy
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Engineers from 14/02/2015 to 04/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Navy|
|Total No of Vacancy||NA|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||04/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Indian Navy,Post Box No. 04, Chankya Puri PO, New Delhi – 110 021|
DETAIL OF INDIAN NAVY ENGINEERS RECRUITMENT:
Applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in Executive Branch (General Services/Hydro Cadre) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for Jan 2016 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Educational Qualifications. Candidates must have completed BE/B. Tech Degree with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university
- Age. The candidates applying for the above entries must be aged between 19½ and 25 years i.e. the candidate must be born between 02 Jan 1991 and on 01 Jul 1996, both dates inclusive.
- Pay Scale : Rs.15,600 – 67,000/-pm
- Cost to Company (CTC). The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 77100/- for Tech. (GS) , Rs. 74100/- for Executive(GS) and Rs. 90600/- for
- Submarine Specialisation (Engineering and Electrical). This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance,Transport allowance, Ration Allowance and Kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change from time to time.
- Privileges. In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/ Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished, Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity. Insurance cover of Rs. 57 lakhs for Submarine Specialisation and 50 lakhs for Tech. Branch and Executive (GS) (on contribution).
- Leave Entitlements. On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
- Sports & Adventure. The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
DUTIES OF OFFICER:
- Executive Officer/General Service. As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many highpoints and chief among them would be Command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography andNBCD.
- Hydrography Officer. Hydrography is one of the sub-specialisations of the Executive branch of the Indian Navy, which qualifies officers to undertake Hydrographic Surveys of uncharted Indian & foreign waters for production of nautical charts for safe navigation at sea. Hydrography not only contributes towards safety at sea, but also plays a big role in successful completion of various coastal/offshore developmental projects. It is a highly challenging and satisfying discipline.
- Tech (GS) Branch. ‘As a Technical officer you would be responsible for keeping the naval ships and aircraft fighting fit at all times. Technical officers handle state of the art weapons (Gunnery, Missiles and Anti Submarine) and propulsion systems (Gas Turbines, Diesel and Steam Engine). Selected technical officers are also deputed for M Tech from prestigious academic institutes like IITs/IISC. Opportunities for handling projects involving high end technologies are also provided to Technical Officers’.
- Tech (Submarine Specialisation). ‘As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi-tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power. On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR INDIAN NAVY – ENGINEERS POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 04/03/2015
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) based on their performance in Degree Course. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled atBangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam during May to Jul 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interviews on their E-Mail or SMS (provided by candidate in their
- application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests. AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission
- Training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2016 at Indian NavalAcademy, Ezhimala. After training selected candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Candidates selected for Tech (GS) Branch will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course and candidates selected for Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Candidates finally selected for Submarine Specialisation, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments/Ships. On completion of the training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board. The candidates who fail to qualify in the submarine qualifying Board will not be retained in service. The candidates will be entitled for Submarine Pay and allowances, only after qualifying the Submarine Qualifying Board.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him/her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (e) above if received by 14 MAR 15 will be the final CONFIRMATION of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD (Navy). Hence, only filling the application Online/generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
- The applicants are advised to regularly check naval website and their mailbox for SSB callups.
- Disclaimer. Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Navy/Goverment of India will be final.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENGINEERS VACANCY IN INDIAN NAVY:
- Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) for this entry from 14 Feb 15 onwards. The online application registration will cease on 04 Mar 15. The procedure for applying online is explained in Paras 25 & 26 below
- IMPORTANT – Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form. Online (e-application):- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:- (a) Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate. (b) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled. (c) Candidates are required to upload recent passport size digital photograph of size less than 25 kb (.jpeg or .jpg format).
- Filling up of e-application:- For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows:-(a) Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page. (b) Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field. (c) After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct. (d) Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details. (e) Before clicking the instruction for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry. (f) Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated
- Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chankya Puri PO, New Delhi – 110 021 along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post/courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : ONLINE APPLICATION NO. ________ APPLICATION FOR SSC X(GS)/HYDRO CADRE/TECHNICAL BRANCH (E/L/SM) Jan 2016 COURSE Qualification______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled, IHQ MoD(Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 04/03/2015
Reference: Indian Navy Recruitment 2015 – davp 10701/11/0065/1415