Company Name: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
Position: Security Chief
Details of Post :
magazine’s prestigious listing of the world’s 500 largest corporations, ranked 88th for the year based on fiscal 2012- 2013 performance. IndianOil’s Pipeline Division owns and operates the largest network of over 11,000 KMs of petroleum products and crude oil cross-country pipelines.
We require the services of retired Police Officer from the state of Uttar Pradesh with clean service record and willing to work as Security Chief on contract basis for the security and surveillance of the Barauni Kanpur Petroleum Pipeline in the State of Uttar Pradesh. The selected Officer shall be placed at Allahabad.
Eligibility: The incumbent should have retired from the Police services from the State of Uttar Pradesh on or after 31.12.2011 at the rank not less than Deputy Superintendent of Police. Preference will be given to the candidates
having legal background, experience of working in Intelligence and crime control.
Roles and responsibilities
- To draw strategy for total security of Pipelines assigned to him
- To put in place intelligence gathering system
- To assist in case of emergency including but not limited to leak/bursts/sabotage including liaising with local police etc.
- To advise on deployment of guards in the total interest of IOCL
- To ascertain and put in place the process of character and antecedent verification of personnel deployed for the pipeline security including contract labour
- To attend all emergencies and advise corrective measures
- To liaison with police authorities on regular basis
- To facilitate training/experience sharing with pipelines security personnel
- To monitor daily security situation report
- To device reporting methods and reports on daily security situation
- To facilitate IOC officials in preparing and lodging FIR(s)
- To follow-up on FIR(s) related to pilferage(s) and encroachment
- To assist Competent Authority for excavation/removal of encroachment in ROW if any
- To be considered on ‘on duty’ on 24×7 basis
- To investigate, analyze and suggest remedial measures with a written report of each pilferage attempt.
- Apprise to the reporting officer and Higher-up (Unit Head/Regional Head) on all aspects of security plans and submit report on daily basis.
Please note that above list is indicative and not exhaustive.
Period of Contract: Initially for a period of one year which may be extended in a spell of six months/one year, maximum up to three years depending upon the requirement and performance.
Remuneration and facilities: A consolidated lump sum monthly remuneration will be paid which is negotiable commensurate with experience and qualification. In addition, vehicle for Pipeline patrolling, for liaison with authorities & other official jobs, telephone facility, TA/DA for outstation visits as admissible under the rules of the Corporation.
Interested and eligible candidates may send their duly filled in applications (in the prescribed application format given below) to Human Resource Manager, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Pipelines Division), Barauni – Kanpur Pipeline, PO:- Barauni Oil Refinery, Begusarai – 851114, (Bihar) so as to reach by 31.01.2014. For further queries, you may please contact Human Resource Manager, BKPL at 06243-242653 / 275803 or write to him at [email protected] .
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :31.01.2014.
How to Apply: