Company Name: Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
Position:Probationary Officers & Clerks
Details of Post :
Probationary Officers & Clerks :
Indian Overseas Bank, a Nationalized Bank with pan India presence as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility is participating in the Special Industry Initiative Scheme (SII) J& K (UDAAN) for the State of Jammu & Kashmir to provide skills and enhance the employability of youth. Online Applications are invited from unemployed young, qualified and eligible graduates from the State of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) with a valid Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) for enrolling in the three months residential training programme for skill development. Please note that those candidates who have joined any other UDAAN partner will not be eligible to apply for the captioned training and selection process.
Based on the online application received from the eligible candidates, 100 Candidates will be shortlisted initially for Training based on their performance in the Online/Offline Examination & Interview and/or any other methodology as decided by the Bank in co ordination with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Govt, of Jammu & Kashmir. Duration of the residential training programme will be 03 months. On successful completion of the training, all the candidates will be awarded with a Certificate of training.
After successful completion of the training programme, candidates will be selected for appointment in the Bank, based on the academic performance of the candidates in the 03 months residential training programme and/or Online/Offline Examination and/or Interview and/or any other methodology decided by the Bank.
Before applying, candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill all the stipulated eligibility criteria as detailed in this advertisement. Please note that only Online Applications will be accepted. Candidates are advised to fill in their particulars online by themselves correctly.
This entire process is applicable only to the unemployed youth of Jammu & Kashmir, who fulfill all the eligibility criteria as on 01.02.2014. The candidates can apply for only one post i.e. either Probationary Officer or Clerk.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR BOTH THE POSTS (AS ON 01.02.2014):
- Graduation from a recognised University/Institution with minimum 60% Marks. (For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC category minimum 55% Marks).
- Graduation results should have been declared by the University/Institution on or before 01.02.2014. If the Graduation final semester (year) mark sheet/Consolidated Mark sheet/ Final Degree/ Provisional Degree Certificate submitted at the time of Interview does not have the date of declaration of the Graduation final results (which should be on or before 01.02.2014), candidates are required to obtain documentary proof from the University/Institute stating the date of declaration of the Graduation final results and submit the same at the time of Interview mandatorily.
- Candidates are advised to enter only percentage of marks (calculated to the nearest two decimals) obtained in the Graduation in the online application form. Where no percentage of mark is awarded by the University, but only CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, candidates are advised to convert the same into percentage and enter only the percentage of marks. The fraction of percentage will be ignored and will NOT be rounded off to the next highest integer i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
AGE FOR BOTH THE POSTS (AS ON 01.02.2014):
Minimum Age: 20 Years; Maximum Age: 28 Years. Relaxation in maximum age for SC/ST/OBC/PC/Ex-Servicemen will be as per extant Government Guidelines.
A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Interview conducted by the Bank, but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced.
Reservation is available for Physically Challenged candidates under section-33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full participation) Act 1995.
PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED (PC) :
- VISUALLY IMPAIRED (VI): The visually impaired persons are those suffering from blindness or low vision. Blindness – refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (i) total absence of sight, (or) (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses, (or) (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse. A Person with low vision means one with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction, but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- DEAF & HEARING IMPAIRED (HI): the deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear; understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- ORTHOPAEDICALLY CHALLENGED (OC) person is one suffering from Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy. Locomotor Disability means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal, or infant period of development. Only such persons who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability (as certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Central/ State Govt) would be eligible for reservation in services/ posts.
EX-SERVICEMEN (EXSM): (APPLICABLE ONLY FOR THE POST OF CLERK)
- EX-SERVICEMEN (EXSM): Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-Serviceman who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Notification No. 36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated 27.10.1986 as amended from time to time.
- DISABLED EX-SERVICEMEN (DISXSM): Ex-Servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the Union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISXSM.
- DEPENDENTS OF EX-SERVICEMEN KILLED IN ACTION (DXSM): Ex-Servicemen killed in the following operations would be deemed to have been killed in action attributable to military service (a) war (b) war like operations or Border skirmishes either with Pakistan on cease fire line or any other country (c) fighting against armed hostiles in a counter
- insurgency environment viz. Nagaland, Mizoram, etc.(d) serving with peace keeping mission abroad (e) laying or clearance of mines including enemy mines as also mine sweeping operation between one month before and three months after conclusion of an operation (f) frost bite during actual operations or during the period specified by the Government (g) dealing with agitating Para-military forces personnel (h) IPKF Personnel killed during the operations in Sri Lanka. As the reservation for Ex-Servicemen is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category
- (SC/ST/OBC/GEN) to which they belong.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR TRAINING: (FOR BOTH POSTS) :
ONLINE/OFFLINE EXAMINATION: All the candidates who have submitted their complete online application properly in time with a valid Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) will be administrated an Online/Offline Examination which will be Objective in nature.
Candidates can download the Call Letter for Examination from the Bank’s website www.iob.in using the Registration / Roll Number and the password generated and emailed to the candidates on completion of the online registration. The details of the same are furnished hereunder.
- REASONING 20 25
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE 20 20
- QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE 20 25
- GENERAL AWARENESS (WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO BANKING INDUSTRY) 20 20
- COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE 20 10
- TOTAL 100 100
The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty for Wrong Answers :
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Test. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
Examination Centres :
- The examination will be conducted online/offline in venues across many centres in J&K.
- No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
- Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- As far as possible, candidates will be allotted to a centre of his/her choice. However Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each test as well as total weightage marks. Depending upon the number of vacancies, only those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in Online/Offline Examination, as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank will be called for the Interview.
Depending upon the number of vacancies, only those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in Online/Offline Examination, as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank will be called for the Interview. Mere eligibility/ pass in the Online/Offline Examination shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Interview. The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM Candidates.
INTERVIEW CENTRES :
- The interview will be held at different centres on different dates identified by the Bank across J & K. Interview Centre address, Date and time will be advised in the Interview call letters. The shortlisted candidates may download the Interview call letter from the Bank’s website www.iob.in using the Registration / Roll Number and the password generated and emailed to the candidates on completion of the online registration.
- Request for change of Interview centres and Interview dates shall NOT be entertained.
- Bank reserves the right to change/add/cancel the date, time, centre, venue of the Interview and to call the candidates for the Interview at any other centre or hold supplementary selection process for particular date/time/centre/venue/set of candidates at its discretion, under any circumstances, if any. The change, if any, shall be intimated to the candidates well in advance.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for the 03 months residential training on skill development based on the total marks obtained by the candidates in the Online/Offline Examination & Interview and/or any other methodology as decided by the Bank and will be strictly according to the merit ranking. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM will be given relaxation in marks as per extant Government Guidelines. The Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allowed for training only on receipt of appropriate verification of antecedents and necessary clearance from Government Authorities / NSDC. The Training will be imparted with the help of institute identified by the Bank near Jaipur, Rajasthan. On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be awarded a Certificate of training.
SALARY, PROBATION PERIOD & OTHER DETAILS AFTER APPOINTMENT IN THE BANK :
On appointment in the Bank, the details of Post-wise eligible Salary & emoluments, Probation Period and the Service Bond to be rendered are detailed hereunder: POST SALARY & EMOLUMENTS PROBATION PERIOD SERVICE BOND
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER IN SCALE I :
- Pay Scale – Rs 14500 – 600 /7 – 18700 – 700/2 – 20100 – 800/7 – 25700 plus DA, HRA, CCA as per rules in force from time to time.
- On appointment, candidates will be on probation for a period of two years (24 months of active service) from the date of joining the services of the Bank as per the rules of the Bank.
- Candidates selected for appointment will be required to execute a Financial Service Bond
- for rendering service for a minimum period of three (3) years. The amount of the Financial Service Bond presently is Rs 1, 00,000/-.
- CLERK :
- Pay Scale – Rs 7,200 — Rs 19,300 plus DA, HRA, etc. will be paid as per Bank’s rules in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting.
- On appointment, candidates will be on probation for a period of Six months (6 months of active service) from the date of joining the services of the Bank as per the rules of the Bank.
On successful completion of the Probation period, and if found suitable, they will be confirmed in the services of the Bank.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ONLINE’ only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in and no other means / mode of application will be acceptable. The link for online application can also be accessed through NSDC Udaan Website www.nsdcudaan.com. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying online.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and the same should be specified in the online application form while applying for Online/Offline Examination for training under Udaan – (SII- J&K) Scheme in our Bank. It should be kept active for the duration of this recruitment process. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
- Candidates are required to Log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and click the “Careers” link (available at the bottom of the Bank’s website). Alternatively they can also access the link for registering online through UDAAN website www.nsdcudaan.com.
- Candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) or Advertisement (Hindi) or Advertisement (Urdu) available below Udaan – Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir (SII- J&K) Scheme link in the Careers Page and ensure their eligibility before applying.
- After reading the detailed advertisement and ensuring the eligibility, the candidates can apply for the programme by clicking on the “Click apply online” link below the Udaan – Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir (SII- J&K) Scheme link and should fill up the required details in the online application form. After filling up all the details, candidates shall submit the application online. The candidates can then take a printout of the system generated online application form to be submitted at the time of the Online/Offline Examination/ Interview. The registration number and password generated should also be retained for future reference.
- There is a provision to edit/modify the submitted online application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct the details in the online application if any. This modification facility will be available immediately after registration up to 21.02.2014. Modification will be allowed only three times. After the last date, no modification will be permitted.
- The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc should be spelt correctly in the online application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/ disparity/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph & Signature :
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph Image:
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- Signature Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the Signature on the Call Letter, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
- Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the Image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application may be rejected. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
- After registering online, candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms
Important dates to remember :
- OPENING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION 06.02.2014
- CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION 21.02.2014
- DOWNLOAD OF CALL LETTERS FOR ONLINE/OFFLINE EXAMINATION (TENTATIVE) AFTER 18.03.2014
- TENTATIVE DATE OF ONLINE/OFFLINE EXAMINATION 30.03.2014
- TENTATIVE MONTH OF INTERVIEW FOR TRAINING APRIL – MAY 2014
How to Apply: