International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Senior Scientist through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Senior Scientist Job on or before 15/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Senior Scientist|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Senior Scientist Recruitment:
The CGIAR Research Program on Dryland Cereals (Dryland Cereals), led by ICRISAT, is seeking applications from dynamic and highly innovative persons for the position of Senior Scientist – Gender Research, to be based at ICRISAT, Bamako, Mali, with responsibilities for program-related gender research at the participating centers and all target countries. Dryland Cereals aims at improving food security, nutrition, income and resilience of smallholder agriculture in the dryland regions of Africa and Asia, through collaborative development and deployment of solutions for crop improvement, crop management, post-harvest technologies and market access to dryland cereal crops including barley, finger millet, pearl millet and sorghum. These are highly resilient, climate-hardy, micronutrient-dense crops which are the mainstay of agricultural systems in the dryland regions, where they are primarily used for food, feed and fodder.
- The Job and Responsibilities: Lead the implementation of the overarching gender strategy of for Dryland Cereals across participating centers of the program, in all program target regions/countries. Lead the design and development of methodological tools and frameworks for gender research. Lead the identification and integration of gender-relevant research issues in the flagship projects of Dryland Cereals. Lead the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the overarching gender strategy of Dryland Cereals, as well as gender-relevant research in the flagship projects of the program Use state-of-the-art qualitative or quantitative analyses to monitor and analyze gender mainstreaming processes during program implementation Coordinate and facilitate training and effective capacity building of the participating centers and partners of Dryland Cereals to mainstream gender Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and documentation of good practice approaches for gender equality, empowerment, social inclusion, and pro-poor targeting Provide comprehensive and timely reports to the CRP Office as and when required Produce research reports, publications and other communications
- Qualifications: PhD in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Gender in Development, Rural Development Studies, or related fields 5-7 years of relevant experience in gender in rural development/or agriculture/natural resource management in developing countries, particularly in Africa. Sound knowledge of data management methods and analytical tools Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline and self -motivation. Experience working in multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams.
- Skills: Strong capabilities in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and problem solving skills Strong academic publications record Ability to travel extensively Demonstrated quality of judgment and the ability to think strategically, assessing and responding to new challenges in rural and agricultural development Strong coordination and facilitation skills Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and work in teams Ability to work effectively with research and development partners across the target countries Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential. As the position is located in Bamako, Mali, a sound knowledge of French is highly desirable. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communication
- The Reward: This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)- Senior Scientist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/05/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Senior Scientist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 15 May, 2015, with a letter of interest, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff. ICRISAT has a flexible approach to international appointments and welcomes dual-career couples.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/05/2015.