Company Name: Invesco
Position: Engineer – IT Security Role
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1 – 3 yrs
1. Assist in advising IT on security matters in coordination with Information Security Management.
2. Assist in the administration and 24×7 monitoring of Invesco’s SIEM solution.
3. Monitor for external threats and alert Invesco Information Technology groups and Information Security Management regarding intrusions or suspicious activity.
4. Tune response and alerting mechanisms, add additional monitoring feeds as required, import new signatures from manufacturer, and provide status reports to management.
5. Administer the Vulnerability Response Program. Perform internal network vulnerability scans and coordinate scheduling of external penetration testing.
6. Identify and verify new vulnerabilities and assign to relevant IT groups for assessment and possible fixes. Provide reports to management on the VRP status.
7. Notify appropriate Invesco Information and IT Security staff regarding urgent, high risk vulnerabilities. Obtain and report their status to management.
8. Responsible and accountable for global Incident Response and investigations support.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
1. One to three years security network experience
2. A working knowledge including but not limited to: SIEM monitoring, DLP monitoring, Internet filtering/blocking, IDS/IPS administration, firewall administration, Anti-Virus administration, vulnerability management, encryption technologies, Windows admin.
1. Excellent verbal and written skills
2. Able to work as part of a team in a global, multicultural environment
3. Able to influence and build relationships at all staff levels
4. Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customer service
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
6. Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail
7. Good inter-personal skills combined with willingness to listen
8. Ability to analyze requirements and problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions
9. Disciplined time management skills
10. Ability to multi-task and work on more than one initiative at a time
11. Flexible – able to meet changing requirements and priorities
12. Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
13. Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
14. Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred or commensurate relevant work experience
Invesco has earned the trust of investors around the world. With fully integrated investment capabilities that span traditional and alternative asset classes, Invesco is one of the world’s leading names in investment management for institutions and individuals worldwide. Access investment solutions available in the U.S., Canada, Continental Europe or Asia Pacific marketplaces.
How to Apply: