Madras Fertilizers Limited hiring Degree (Engg) holders for Director (Technical) role
Details of Post :
1. NAME OF THE PSU : MADRAS FERTILIZERS LIMITED
2. NAME OF THE POST : DIRECTOR (TECHNICAL)
3. DATE OF VACANCY : 01-11-2013
4. SCHEDULE OF THE CPSE : ‘B’
5. SCALE OF THE POST : Rs. 65,000—75,000/-
COMPANY PROFILE: Madras Fertilizers Limited (MFL) was incorporated in 1966 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 as a joint venture bewteen the Government of India and Amoco India Inc., a subsidiary of Standard Oil Company of USA. MFL is a Schedule – ‘B’ PSE in fertilizer sector. It is under the administrative control of M/o Chemicals and Fertilizers (Department of Fertilizers).
Its Registered and Corporate offices are in Manali, Tamilnadu.
The authorized and paid up capital of the Company was Rs. 365 crore and Rs. 162.14 crore respectively as on March 31, 2013.
The shareholding of the Government of India in the company is 59.50%.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Director (Technical) is a member of Board of Directors and reports to the Chairman and Managing Director. He acts as the head of the Technical/Operations Division of the Company. He is responsible for efficient operations of the plants of the Company in a manner which would ensure optimum utilization of resources. He also acts as Principal Adviser of the Company in all technical and operational matters.
AGE: On the date of occurrence of vacancy:.
1. Minimum 40 years.
2. Not more than 58 years for internal candidates and not more than 57 years for others.
3. The age of superannuation is 60 years.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: The incumbent should be an engineering graduate or equivalent preferably in Chemical Engineering with good academic record from a recognized university/institution.
He should have adequate experience at a senior level in a large organization of repute preferably, in the fertilizer/chemical/petro-chemical sector. Persons with experience in the fields of project management/ production planning and control/maintenance/research and development/quality control/materials management, etc. would have added advantage.
Provided that minimum qualification is relaxable in the case of internal candidates and Government officers with relevant and adequate background and experience.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT The appointment shall be for a period of five years or upto the date of superannuation whichever is earlier.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS Prospective candidates from the Central Public Sector and Government officers shall send their applications, through proper channel, in the format at Annexure I.
The applications for various categories of the officers are routed through proper channel as follows:
1. For Government Servants through Cadre Controlling authority.
2. For CMD’s/MD’s/Director’s in CPSE, the concerned administrative Ministry.
3. For below Board level in CPSE, the concerned CPSE.
CERTIFICATION BY CANDIDATE
1. Candidate has to submit his/her willingness for the post at the time of interview itself clearly stating that he/she will join the post, if selected. If any candidate, does not initially give his/her willingness, he/she will not be interviewed.
2. If any of the candidates who appeared for the interview and is selected by the PESB, gives his/her unwillingness after the interview is held, but before the appointment is processed, would be debarred for a period of two years for being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.
3. If any candidate gives his/her unwillingness after the issue of offer of appointment, he/she would be debarred for a period of two years from the date of offer of appointment from being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.
4. In the above cases, no request for relaxation or otherwise would be entertained.
Last date of receipt of applications in PESB is 26th December, 2013. No application shall be entertained under any circumstances after the stipulated date. Incomplete applications are liable to be REJECTED.
Board reserves the right to shortlist candidates for interview.
Applications are to be addressed to Shri Rajiv Rai, Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board, Public Enterprises Bhawan, Block No. 14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO THE PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO SECRETARY, PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD ONLY
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 26/12/2013
How to Apply: