Company Name: Microsoft
Position: Software Development Engineer Role
Education: Any Graduate
strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to represent complex technical concepts and issues to a geographically diverse audience are required.
– In-depth knowledge of modern Internet architectures and associated routing, switching, load-balancing, and security technologies are required.
– Multi-vendor networking hardware experience including Cisco and Juniper is required; F5 experience considered a plus.
– Knowledge and experience with mainstream routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS is required; knowledge and experience with IPv6, vrf, l2vpn, DWDM considered a plus as would network port, device, and bandwidth capacity monitoring & management experience.
– The ability to analyze existing processes and procedures and suggest/influence optimization and efficiency changes.
– Role requires deep troubleshooting skills with the ability to work with other engineers (often based in other countries) and equipment vendors to resolve complex issues.
– Demonstrated competencies as subject matter expert to large-scale strategic initiatives, programs, projects, with customers, peers, and leadership required.
– Must have deep experience developing and delivering technical training content/presentations to engineers and customers while representing abstract representations for business value understanding.
– Strong project management skills (requirements gathering/finalization, project plan development, communication plan development/execution, task mapping, resource assignment, task management, risk management, progress reporting, score carding) desired but not required.
– A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
– Ability to work with global teams as well as individually with minimum supervision
– Capability to multitask, and work under pressure with changing priorities is essential to this role
– Good working knowledge of local and wide area networking
– Excellent written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills as they will be working with numerous teams within the global organization
BA/BS in business, IT or related field (MS or MBA desirable)
– CCNP required, CCIE Certification and equivalent experience preferred as well as other advanced Cisco certifications
– Excellent communication skills and team player with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally.
– Must possess broad problem solving and analytical skills
– Excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure when the situation is ambiguous
– Strong negotiation skills and conflict management skills
– Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Global Foundation Services is the team behind the cloud. GFS is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
How to Apply: