Company Name: Microsoft
1. Design something ridiculously blue-sky OR something immediately implementable
2. Lay it on the line by owning the success or failure of the User Experience
3. Function in a diverse, friendly and highly technical environment
4. Juggle ambiguity without drowning in it
5. Communicate, specify and describe their designs to researchers, developers, testers, PMs, senior leadership and other designers without ambiguity and within deadlines
Projects usually start from scratch and require both conceptual and detailed design thinking. This means defining user goals, scenarios, benefits, and flows as well as conceptual designs and prototypes. Typically, these designs are holistic in nature, focusing on the end-to-end experience more than any specific feature(s).
1. Fresher or experienced? For the right candidate experience will not be a barrier. We are looking for the best!
2. Education requirements include either an MA/MS in interface design, industrial design or highly related field, OR a BA/BS in interaction, industrial design
3. Passion for design and strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
4. User-centric approach to design and working understanding of how to apply user research data
5. A design portfolio demonstrating both creative thinking and the delivery of solid end to end scenarios
6. Ability to use humor and energy to keep the momentum going!
At Microsoft we help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential. We make this simple mission come to life every day through our passion to create technologies and develop products that touch just about every kind of customer. Working at Microsoft gives you the opportunity to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives.
How to Apply: