Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Liaison Officer through recruitment notification – Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Recruitment 2015 – NO. E/122/01/2015-KMY. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Liaison Officer Job on or before 31.03.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)|
|Vacancy Name||Liaison Officer|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||31.03.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Patiala House Annexe, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110001|
DETAIL OF MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS (MEA) – LIAISON OFFICER RECRUITMENT:
- The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, will be organising the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra between June and September 2015. The Yatra is a pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar in the Tibetan Autonomous Region of the Peoples Republic of
- This year, the Yatra will be conducted in 22 batches of up to 60 pilgrims each. The total
- duration of the Yatra for each batch will be up to 25 days. The first batch of the Yatra is tentatively scheduled to depart from New Delhi in the first half of June. Subsequent batches will depart after about a gap of three days each. The last batch is scheduled to depart from Delhi in the second half of August. The Yatra is planned to end in the first half of September.
- A Liaison Officer will be appointed for each batch of pilgrims by the Ministry of External Affairs. Hisher task, among other things, is to liaise with the Chinese and the Indian authorities on behalf of the pilgrims in all respects, including communication, medical requirements and airevacuation in case of emergency. Heshe is responsible for ensuring the well-being and safety of the group. The expenditure on travel, board and lodging of the Liaison Officer, amounting to roughly between Rs.1,50,000/- and Rs.1,80,000/- plus admissible DA, would be borne by the Department in which heshe is working.
- Applications are invited from officers equivalent to the rank of Under Secretary to the Government of India and above in MinistriesDepartments of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as officers from the Armed Forces and Para Military Services.
- The Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is extremely arduous and involves trekking at high altitudes of up to 19,500 feet, under inhospitable conditions. Interested officers ought to be physically fit and medically healthy and should not suffer from conditions such as highblood pressure, diabetes, asthma, heart disease, epilepsy etc. The Yatra may prove hazardous for those who are not fit physically and medically. Selection as Liaison Officers will be confirmed only after the officers concerned pass comprehensive medical tests conducted at designated hospitals in Delhi prior to the commencement of the Yatra.
- The officers should preferably have past experience of high altitude will not count as experience in this regard. Also, the officers should preferably have first-aid experience.
- The officers should be able to manage a diverse group of persons belonging to different linguistic, regional and professional backgrounds. Detailed instructions regarding duties and responsibilities will be communicated to all selected Liaison Officers.Officers selected will be assigned batch-wise and are expected to do the Yatra with the assigned batch only.
- Officers who have gone on the Yatra as Liaison Officers or as a Yatri in any year prior to this year will not be considered for selection.
- Each Liaison Officer is required to submit a detailed report on the Yatra within seven days of his return from the Yatra. It will also be the responsibility of the liaison Officer to collect Yatra Completion Certificates from Ministry of External Affairs and distribute them to the Yatris after the completion of the Yatra.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS (MEA) – LIAISON OFFICER POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31.03.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LIAISON OFFICER – VACANCY IN MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS (MEA):
Interested officers may apply online at the following link: http://kmy.gov.in, and, thereafter, take a printout of the online submitted application, sign it, and forward the same to this Ministry along with (i) Administrative and (ii) Financial approvals of the Department concerned to — Attaché (China), Room No. 255-A, Ministry of External Affairs, South Block, New Delhi- 110 011. Tel : 011-2301.4900; eMail: kmyatraG)mea.gov.in The last date for filing the online application as also receipt of the completed application is 31 March 2015. The final list of selected Liaison Officers will be prepared after an interview is conducted of all shortlisted officers by the Ministry of External Affairs. The indian Mountaineering Foundation has recognised the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra as a trekking expedition and it may involve high risk to the person or property caused by any natural calamity or due to any other reason. The Government of India shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the person or property of the Liaison Officer. Therefore, the confirmed Liaison Officers will be required to submit an Indemnity Bond in the prescribed format available at http://kmy.gov.in, on a non-judicial stamppaper of Rs.10/- if executed within the Union Territory of Delhi or on a stamppaper of the value prescribed by the State Government concerned, to be attested by first class Magistrate or Notary Public.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31.03.2015