Mumbai Port Trust has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Marine Engineer through recruitment notification – Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Mumbai Port Trust.
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Marine Engineer on or before 31/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Mumbai Port Trust
Vacancy Name : Marine Engineer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 05 Posts
Salary : Rs-57,500-1,72,500/-pm
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 31/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Mumbai Port Trust,Mumbai – 400 001.
Detail Of Mumbai Port Trust Marine Engineer Recruitment:
- Invites applications from SC/ST/OBC candidates for 5 posts of Pilot (reservation SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3) on regular/contract basis and also for 1 post of Marine Engineer (reserved for SC) on regular/contract and for 2 posts of Marine Engineer (reservation 1-ST and 1- OBC) on contract basis.
- PILOT [Reservation : 5 posts – 1 SC, 1 ST, 3 OBC (regular/contract)]
- Requirement: (i) Must hold a certificate of competency as master of foreign going ship issued by the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India. (ii) One year post qualification experience as Master / Chief Officer of a foreign going ship.
- Duties cover piloting of vessels, berthing of vessels in the docks, posting on dredgers and working on VTS as Supervisor. Working pattern is 24 hours on/off basis with pilotage of vessels as per work requirements. When posted on berthing or dredging duties, may be required to work in 12 hours shifts.
- MARINE ENGINEER [Reservation : 1-SC (regular) 1-ST, 1-OBC (contract)]
- Requirement: (i) MOT I Class Motor certificate issued under Merchant Shipping Act, 1958. (ii) 1 year post qualification experience as Chief Engineer on board a foreign going ship.
- Posting may be as in-charge on floating craft or on shore in repair establishment or in office. Work pattern is 24 hours on/off basis on harbour tugs or on 12 hours shifts on other craft, or in shifts and timings as per requirements.
- Age limit for Pilot and Marine Engineer: For regular appointment, upper age limit is upto 40 years, relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- In case of contract appointments, maximum age for working as Pilot is 65 years and for Marine Engineer, is 70 years, subject to medical fitness, every year after the age of 60 years.
- Marine Engineer: (i) All inclusive remuneration On posting on Craft and Repair Cell – Rs.1,10,000 per month if residing in own accommodation or Rs.1,00,000 per month if residing in MbPT accommodation.
- Posting in Office – Rs.85,000 per month if residing in own accommodation or Rs.75,000 per month if residing in MbPT accommodation. In case of retired MbPT/Port Officers or Government Officer the remuneration package would be reduced by Rs.25000 per month considering pension received by them.
- Annual increase of Rs.2000 per annum.
- Posting to be on craft and in repair cell with rotational policy or posting in office as per requirements. Thus, those posted on craft will by rotation work in the repair cell to ensure proper and responsive maintenance, both preventive and repairs.
- Work pattern 24 hrs on/off when posted on craft or 12 hrs on/off when posted on craft/repairs cell with weekly off on staggered basis as per rules or in day shift as per office timings and work requirements when posted in office with fixed weekly off on Sunday.
Selection Procedure For Mumbai Port Trust – Marine Engineer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Marine Engineer Vacancy in Mumbai Port Trust:
- Applications may be submitted in the prescribed form which may be downloaded.
- Applicants already in service of Government/ SemiGovernment Organisations/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies must apply through proper channel. The concerned organisation may complete the certificate below the application.
- Applicants with private bodies/companies must submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their present employer alongwith the application.
- Applicants may attach self certified copies of certificates/documents in support of essential qualifications, Competency Certificates, CDC, etc., and Caste Certificates issued by the Competent Authority including the “OBC” status with “exclusion from Creamy Layer” Certificate in case of OBC candidates with their application and produce originals at the time of interview.
- Desirous candidates may submit their applications in the prescribed format by downloading from website and on any working day upto 31.7.2015 to Shri C. Chatterjee, Sr. Dy. Secretary, HR Section, General Administration Department, Port House, 2nd Floor, Shoorji Vallabhdas Marg, Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400 001. email – [email protected] (Contact No.022-66564067)
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/07/2015