Company Name: National Institute Of Technology (NIT Karnataka)
Position: MBA Admission 2014 -2015
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University with not less than 60% mark with CAT
Details of Post :
MBA Admission 2014 -2015 :
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for admission to MBA Programme 2014-16. Application form and other information can be downloaded from NITK Website http://www.nitk.ac.in from 01.01.2014 and sent to the Asst. Registrar (Academic), NITK along with a D.D. for Rs.600/- (in case of SC/ST, Rs.150/-) drawn in favour of the Director, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, payable at State Bank of India, Surathkal /Canara Bank, NITK Campus (DP Code 8517) . Application without the D.D for the required amount will not be considered. The last date for submission of completed application is 15.02.2014. For more details, visit www.nitk.ac.in
The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal is rated as one of the top technological universities in India. Since its inception in 1960 as the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, the Institute has established itself as a premier center engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. The Institute has a long tradition of research for several years in both traditional and modern areas of engineering and sciences in all departments. The Institute has been actively involved in applicative research in looking at and resolving problems faced by the society in several areas like environment, water resources, rock mechanics, new structures, VLSI, etc.NITK attracts students from all over the country and abroad. The Institute admits students to the B.Tech degree program on the basis of the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). International students are admitted on various student exchange programs through MEA, ICCR, etc. and scheme of Direct Admission to Students Abroad (DASA). Scholarship seats for M.Tech programs are awarded on the basis of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and a few
seats are available for sponsored students. Every year the Institute offers more than 50 PhD fellowships and also admits sponsored/external candidates to the doctoral program. NITK graduates are sought after by top industries/companies and the Institute has been rated as one of the best Institutions in the country with regard to student placements.
NITK is located in Mangalore City along the Kanyakumari-Mumbai National Highway 66 (formerly NH 17). It is well connected by road, rail and by air to major cities in India and a few international destinations. The Institute is located amid 300 acres of sylvan surroundings with the picturesque Western Ghat Mountains on the east and the sun-kissed sands of the Arabian sea to the west. The Mangalore (Bajpe) airport and the Mangalore Railway Station are about 20 KMs. away from the Campus, while Surathkal Railway Station is about 3 KMs. away from the campus. The campus is located far away from the din and bustle of a city and is very conducive for academic activities.The climate throughout the year is equitable and has temperature range of 18 to 38° Celsius. The campus being on the sea shore is blessed with clean air and healthy climate.
Minimum Qualification / Eligibility for M.B.A. Programme: Full time Two year course (Four semester) :
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University with not less than 60% marks (or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the aggregate taking into account the marks scored in all subjects of all the University examination conducted during the entire prescribed period of the degree programme. However,this prescribed minimum marks shall be 55% (CGPA of at least 6.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system) in the case of SC/ST.
- CAT – 2013 Score Admission is based on the Rank/Scores obtained in the CAT – 2013, Group discussion and Personal Interview.
Calendar of Events for admission to MBA Programme:
- Availability of application form on website : 01/02/2014
- Last Date for receiving completed application : 15/02/2014
- Dispatch of call letters and announcement of the short-listed candidates on institute website : 25/02/2014
- Dates for selection process : 16 March 2014,23 March 2014,30 March 2014
- Place of Selection Process :
- Main Seminar Hall, NITK, Surathkal, Karnataka – 575025 on 16 March 2014
- Mumbai (Venue for Selection Process will be intimated later) on 23 March 2014
- New Delhi (Venue for Selection Process will be intimated later) on 30 March 2014
- Publication of merit list : 7 April 2014
- Reporting dates for merit list candidates : 7 April to 21 April 2014
- Publication of Waiting List : 23 April 2014
- Reporting dates for wait-listed candidates : 23 April to 30 April
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15/02/2014
How to Apply: