Company Name: National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Position:Senior Web Developer
Education:Bachelors or Master’s degree
Details of Post :
Senior Web Developer:
Description: This is an anchor position and will play a pivotal role in advancing NIUA’s web development setup. The Senior Web Developer will be responsible to develop NIUA’s portal applications and database along with delegating tasks to the junior team members and coordinating between the web development team, graphic design and communication team to upgrade, update and maintain IT applications. He/she must have widespread experience in all aspects of application
development, from front-end coding to back-end design and programming.
Required Professional Skills: Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee and Implement NIUA’s online portals and knowledge systems.
- Manage bugs in the back-end and front-end design.
- Manage application development, testing, deployment, roll-out & support to end-users. Analyze and report on Information and Technology needs from a Strategic and Operational perspective.
- Ability to translate requirements into system designs and applications.
- Ability to display leadership skills.
- Ability to carry out evaluations / analysis / reviews for any project and service deliveries.
- Abreast with latest developments in technology is desirable to provide a competitive edge.
- Generate use cases and test scenarios for testers.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in developing and coding sites.
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal and other comparable CMS platforms.
- Understanding of system administration including optimizing and securing LAMP, DNS/ Nameserver management, load balancing, cloud management, caching, SSL etc.
- Deep knowledge of SEO practices.
- Ability to work with design comps, IA maps, wireframes.
- Ability to produce responsive websites for desktops, tablets and mobile devices.
- Detailed descriptions about previous projects undertaken and the assigned tasks.
- Salary will be commensurate with skills and in line with those in the sector.
- Interested candidates may apply within 14 days with full details of last salary drawn, expected salary, notice period required with CV and covering letter (no more than one page) to [email protected] by Thursday 24th April 2014, with subject line [Senior Web Developer].
- The candidate will be informed about the receipt of his/her application by 25th April 2014.
- Please take note that the above mentioned position is purely on contractual basis and shall be extended based on need and performance.
National Institute of Urban Affairs,
Core 4B, 1st & 2nd Floor
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi -110003, India
Telephone (91 11) 24643284/24617517, Fax (91 11) 24617513.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : April 25, 2014
How to Apply: