* Installation, configuration (System Administration) on any of the mentioned products – Windows 2003/2008, Linux/Unix, SuSE Linux, Windows 7 or 8, Novell NetWare
* Must have hands on troubleshooting experience at Server level – Novell/Linux/MS windows server)
* Ability to work cross-functionally within an organization.
* Troubleshoot and provide accurate and timely resolution to customer issue via telephone & electronic mediums such as email and chat.
* Prevent issues by writing technical documents and sending helpful technical information to users
* highly organized, punctual and has identifiable ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, establishing goals on a continual basis in order to facilitate completion of tasks and responsibilities.
* Displays ability to understand team concepts, function as a team member and develop and maintain an open line of communication with team members.
Company Name: Novell India
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Education: B.Tech/B.E, M.Sc
Experience: 0 to 1 yrs
The open position is for a Technical Support Engineer, with a minimum of 1 year of industry experience. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting machines with various kinds of operating systems – Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows 2008R2 server, Linux (RedHat or SuSE) and MAC.
The candidate is expected to have good oral and writen communication skills.
* Trouble shooting hardware related problems in machines & equipments, working with 3rd party vendor as applicable
* Provide basic support for Windows & Linux Operating systems
* Configuration and maintenance of specialized environments such as Fibre SAN, PXE, AntiVirus and Operating system patching systems
* Inventory Management and Monitoring using internal tools
* Common Repository Management (CRM) Install/Upgrades of various OS, Virtual images for VMWare ESX
* Interlab machine movement co-ordination and execution
Novell India Development Center, Bangalore contributes to the next generation technology evolution by owning end-to-end engineering responsibility for key Novell, NetIQ, SUSE products & technologies. The teams here contribute to award-winning Novell products – leading to several innovations, product initiatives & patents. The teams here develop products & technologies relating to Endpoint Life Cycle and Security Management, Security Information and Event Management, Intelligent Workload and Identity Management, Core Platform Services – File Systems & Storage Protocols, Directory Services & Open Enterprise and SUSE Linux Platforms.
How to Apply: