Company Name: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
Position: Stipendiary Trainees
Education: Diploma,Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc(Physics), HSC(10+2)
Location: Tamil Nadu
Details of Post :
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited a Premier Public Sector Enterprise, under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India having comprehensive capability in all facets of Nuclear Technology namely, Site Selection, Design, Construction, Commissioning, Operation, Maintenance, Renovation, Modernization & Up-gradation, Plant Life Extension, Waste Management and Decommissioning of Nuclear Reactors in India under one roof, invites application for the post of Stipendiary Trainees [Scientific Assistant -B (Group-B)] and Stipendiary Trainees [Technician-B (Group-C)] to share these challenging spectrum of responsibilities.
The eligible candidates are required to go through “How to Apply” in this Advertisement and submit OMR Application on or before 25.01.2014.
TRAINEES: CATEGORY – I : STIPENDIARY TRAINEES (SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT/B)Total No. of Posts – 12 (ST- 1, OBC – 5, UR – 6 )
S.No. Discipline No. of posts Educational Qualification
- Mechanical Engineering 06 Three years Diploma or Licentiate with not less than 60% Average marks in the last two years in Mechanical Engineering recognized by the GOI, Ministry of HRD.
- Physics 06 B.Sc(Physics) should be with Physics as Major and Chemistry and Mathematics as Ancillary (or) B.Sc(Physics, Chemistry, Maths) with minimum 60% Average marks in all the Three Years(all subjects).
TRAINEE: CATEGORY – II : STIPENDIARY TRAINEES (TECHNICIAN/B)
Total No. of Posts – 26 (SC – 5, OBC – 8, UR -13)
S.No. Discipline No. of posts Educational Qualification
- Plant Operator 06 (i) HSC(10+2) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects with not less than 50% marks individually.(ii) Should have had English as one of the Subjects atleast at SSC level Examination b) Electrician 02 c) Electronic Mechanic d) Instrument Mechanic 04
- Fitter 14 i) SSC(10 years) with not less than 50% marks in Science & Mathematics individually and 2 years ITI certificate in the relevant fields ii) Should have had English as one of the Subjects at least at SSC level Examination
DETAILS, SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT “B”, TECHNICIAN “B”
- Should be between 18 to 25 years as on 01.11.2013. Relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Should be between 18 to 24 years as on 01.11.2013. Relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ST and 3 years for OBC
- Duration of Training
- 1½ years (18 months) (No reduction or increase in the period of training is permissible)
- 2 years (No reduction or increase in the period of training is permissible)
- Stipend during Training `
- 9300/- p.m. (consolidated)
- `6200/-p.m. (consolidated) for 1st year `7200/-p.m. (consolidated) for 2nd year
- Minimum height
- 160cm Minimum weight 45.5.kgs (100 lbs) Minimum height
- 160cm Minimum weight 45.5.kgs (100 lbs)
- Physical Standards
The above physical standards are relaxable by the Head of the Unit in highly deserving cases.
- Grade, Pay Band, Grade
Pay and other allowances after successful completion of training: On the basis of the performance during the training the successful trainees are likely to be considered for appointment to the post of Scientific Assistant “B” and Technician “B” in the Pay Band `9300-34800 with Grade Pay `4200/- and `5200-20200 with Grade Pay `2000/- (plus other allowances like Central Dearness Allowance, Children Education Assistance, Canteen subsidy, Site Allowance, Cable TV reimbursement, News paper reimbursement, Medical Assistance, Site conveyance allowance, Washing allowance, family accommodation, school facility etc as admissible from time to time as per Corporation Rules) respectively. However, Trainees who scored less than the prescribed marks for absorption will not be absorbed and will be discharged from training. Absorption of the trainees is further subject to the Company’s requirements of manpower, availability of vacancies, suitability of trainees for absorption as per the assessment of the management and approval of the Competent Authority for absorption.
- Bond: The selected candidates will be required to execute a bond for a period of 5 years in the prescribed form to complete the training and to serve the Madras Atomic Power Station or any other constituent units of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. During and after training, they will be required to attend round the clock shifts.
- Transfer: Candidates selected against this advertisement will be posted at MAPS, Kalpakkam or in any of the NPCIL units and are liable to serve in any part of India and transfer from one unit to another, as may be required in Corporation interest.
- Mode of Selection: Candidates will have to qualify in the written examination which consists of twoparts viz. a) (i) General knowledge, English and Maths and ii) Technical subjects in the relevant discipline. Those who qualify in the written examination will be called for Trade Test and Interview for final selection. A photo admit card will be mailed to each eligible candidate indicating roll number, date, time and centre(s) for written examination. b) Madras Atomic Power Station or Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, has no obligation to provide employment to all the successful trainees. NPCIL reserves the rights to fill up all the posts or alter the number of posts or even to cancel the whole process of recruitment and also changing of examination center(s) without assigning any reasons. c) Hostel or dormitory accommodation will be provided during the training period subject to availability.
- Travelling Allowance: No travelling allowance will be payable for attending the written examination/interview.
- However Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates called for written examination from out station and those who are not employed in Central/State Govt./Public Sector Organization/Corporation/Local Govt./Panchayats will be paid to and fro Railway fare by Second class by the shortest route as per rules on production of ticket. However, the reimbursement will be restricted to the place in respect of balance distance exceeding 30 km both ways subject to production of tickets.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates desires to apply, may collect application from Assistant Manager(HRM), Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam 603 102 by sending a request form(attached herewith). Application will be issued in the A4 size envelope (as OMR application should not be folded) on free of cost in the name of candidate by making proper registration. Hence the application cannot be used other than the registered candidate.
- Application form is in the OMR Sheet, do not fold or stapler with enclosures.
- Use only HB pencil for shading the space inside the small open boxes of the form.
- Applications will be issued till 10.01.2014
- Last date for receipt of filled in application : 25.01.2014
- Photograph : Recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the request form and OMR application form/admit card.
- Copies of certificates: Candidates should submit self attested photo copies of the following certificates along with their applications.(i) Educational qualification and technical qualification supported by consolidated mark sheet/all marks sheets(semesters/years) and certificates. If the certificates/mark sheets are not in Hindi or English, a translated attested copy in Hindi or English should be enclosed. (ii) Date of Birth certificate (SSC certificate) (iii) Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC (recent Non-creamy layer certificate from the Competent Authority)candidates iv) Admit Card.
- Those who are working in the Central Govt/State Govt/PSUs/ Autonomous bodies should submit their applications through proper channel or NOC to be enclosed along with application. Advance copy may also be sent. However, the advance copy will be considered for candidature only on receipt of application through proper channel.
- Duly signed and completed application in all respects may be sent to Manager(HR), HRM Section, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam-603 102. Kancheepuram District,Tamilnadu so as to reach us on or before 25.01.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 25.01.2014
How to Apply: