• Act as 24×7 escalation point to Security / Site Services / Network / Server and Application support issues.
• Pro-actively identify system impacting issues through the analysis of network performance data and alerts.
• Perform real-time tier 1 troubleshooting via remote access to network components to isolate, manage, and resolve network impacting issues.
• Identifying, ticketing, dispatching, and escalating network faults.
• Schedules, coordinates, and tracks all network maintenance.
• Monitors multiple logs across diverse platforms to uncover specific activities as they occur from platform to platform.
• Manage the intake and recording of information to ensure that it is accurate. Continuously evaluate the services provided and capture this information in the department’s reports and metrics.
• Analyzes security analysis reports for security vulnerabilities. Reports on significant trends and vulnerabilities.
• Provides alarm security services to all facilities.
• Participate in 24×7 rotating shift schedule with ability to work day, evening, and weekends as required.
• Develop and maintain positive communications between Global Service Desk, Site Services and IT Infrastructure teams.
• Create and implement documentation and procedures to for alerting and escalation.
• Use acquired knowledge to influence and improve IT practices and technologies.
Company Name: PAREXEL
Position: NOC Analyst
Education: Any Graduate
• Open minded and ready to learn and absorb things.
• Experience in working with Incident / Problem / Change management team
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as QRadar / Quest Fog-light / Orion-Solarwinds / HP OpenView / Whats Up Gold / HP SIM / SCOM / NNM etc.
• Ground concepts of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, SMTP
• Basic understanding of routing, routing protocols, layer 2 switches, firewalls, VPN and Network security concepts.
• Windows 2008/2012 knowledge, understanding of active directory, basic knowledge on Unix/Linux.
• Experience with MPLS, Frame Relay, T1/T3 links, and DSL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
• Must work well in a team environment
PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global bio/pharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of knowledge-based contract research, consulting, and medical communications services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. Perceptive Informatics, Inc., a subsidiary of PAREXEL, provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in approximately 70 locations throughout over 50 countries around the world, and has more than 13,000 employees.
How to Apply: