Port of Visakhapatnam invites application for the recruitment of Trade Apprentices with ITI holders
|Company name||Port of Visakhapatnam|
|Salary||Rs. 2100-2800/- p.m|
|Total Vacancy||48 Posts|
|Application Last date||17 Nov 2014|
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates in the prescribed proforma for engaging as Trade Apprentices under Apprenticeship Act 1961 in the following designated trades in the Mechanical &Electrical Engineering Department, Visakhapatnam Port Trust.
|1||Welder||Passed ITI in the trade of Welder.||09|
|2||Electrician||Passed ITI in the trade of Electrician.||12|
|3||Fitter||Passed ITI in the trade of Fitter.||21|
|4||Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)||Passed ITI in the trade of Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)||03|
|5||Carpenter||Passed ITI in the trade of Carpenter.||03|
|6||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic||Passed ITI in the trade of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.||01|
|7||Electronics Mechanic||Passed ITI in the trade of Electronic Mechanic.||05|
|8||Turner||Passed ITI in the trade of Turner||04|
Age: Should have completed minimum 14 (fourteen) years of age as on 31.10.2014 .
PAYMENT OF STIPEND TO APPRENTICES:
- During the first year of training : Rs. 2100/- per month. (as applicable)
- During the second year of training : Rs 2400/- per month. (as applicable)
- During the third year of training : Rs. 2800/- per month. (as applicable)
MODE AND CRITERIA OF ENGAGEMENT OF APPPRENTICES:
- Engagement of Trade Apprentices will be made purely on merit, on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in ITI.
- Preference will be given to the children of VPT Employees: In the ratio of 4:1:1 i.e. 4 for VPT, 1 for CHD and 1 for Outsiders. Again out of the ratio of 4 for the children of port employees the sub-ratio of 2:1:1 will be followed to the children of deceased employees/medically invalidated & superannuated employees/serving employees respectively.
- Those who are short-listed basing on merit of marks secured in the qualifying exams will only be called for certificates verification.
- The trades will be allotted to the candidates at the discretion of the Head of the Department.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- The filled in applications in the prescribed proforma with latest passport size photo along with necessary certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer shall be submitted to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam-530 035 either by post or in person on or before 17.11.2014 by 03:00 p.m.
- Incomplete applications or applications submitted without attested copies of relevant certificates will not be considered.
- The SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish the latest prescribed community certificate signed by the competent authority not below the rank of M.R.O.N.B. The VPT is not liable to provide any employment to the above candidates on completion of their apprenticeship training.
- LAST DATE: 17.11.2014
- Full details of the Notification/proforma alongwith relevant information is available in our web site www.vizagport.com. The proforma of application can be downloaded from the website
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 17 Nov 2014