Company Name: Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell (PPAC)
Position:Consultant Expert/ Professional
Education: Post Graduate, PhD
Details of Post :
Consultant Expert/ Professional
Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell (PPAC), an attached office of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, invites applications to engage one Consultant Expert/ Professional, in the field of ‘Statistics / Economics’ on contract basis for a period of one year, to facilitate carrying out of economic analysis on various energy related issues and for stabilizing the Data Quality Management System.
Applicants are expected to be professional statistician / economist. The lump-sum remuneration would be a maximum of Rs. 75,000 per month, depending on qualification, experience and professionalism.
Eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed format, which can be downloaded from PPAC website: www.ppac.org.in (Refer Guidelines for Engagement of Expert & Professionals, 2014), so as to reach PPAC latest by 5.5.2014.
Guidelines for Engagement of Experts and Professionals, 2014
- Engagement of experts and professionals The Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell (PPAC) may decide to engage such number of experts and professionals in the fields of economics, statistics or other disciplines related to petroleum and natural gas, as it may deem fit, subject to approval of the Chairman of the Governing Body and concurrence of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG).
- Functions of experts and professionals The experts and professionals engaged by PPAC shall discharge such functions as directed by the Director General (DG), in assisting PPAC as per scope of work mentioned in schedule-IV* and tentatively planned work break down structure and its timeframe for completion depicted in schedule-V*. Consultant shall be provided with necessary support and input as approved by DG, PPAC in facilitating the work assigned to them.
- Qualifications, experience and classification of experts and professionals Details as mentioned in Schedule -I & Schedule –III*
- Remuneration payable to experts and professionals The remuneration and Allowances to be paid by PPAC to different categories of experts and professionals shall be in accordance with Schedule I and II.
Provided that PPAC may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, agree to pay higher remuneration than those given in Schedule II, in specially deserving cases, based on the decision of a Committee constituted for the purpose in PPAC including a representative of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and with the approval of the Chairman of the Governing Body. * Schedule III, Schedule IV and Schedule V would be assignment specific
- Evaluation of performance 3 The performance of each expert and professional engaged under these regulations, with reference to the tasks assigned and output delivered, shall be reviewed periodically, within such time and manner, as may be specified by PPAC.
- Rs. 75,000
- Rs. 100,000
- Rs. 125,000
- Class of Expert and professional :Statistician/ Economist
- Essential – Post Graduate degree in Statistics / Economics or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution in India or abroad.
- Desirable – (i) A doctoral degree, from a reputed University/ Institution in India or from a foreign University or Institution duly recognized in India, in Statistics / Economics, with research, preferably in the area of petroleum and natural gas or energy related areas. Preference will be given to candidates having additional qualification in applied Economics and Quantitative Techniques. (ii) Published papers in reputed national/ international statistical journals.
- Experience : Minimum 10 years of experience in using statistical computing software packages and/or research, and in applying statistical techniques in the collection, processing, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination of data related to production, pricing, supply, and distribution preferably of the oil and gas sector, in government, public sector, private sector, NonGovernmental Organizations or regulatory authorities or regional/ international/ multilateral organization(s) Or, – In universities/ reputed research institutions, as Lecturer or equivalent, of statistics / economics, having also worked on data quality and statistical analysis related issues.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 5.5.2014.
How to Apply: