Red Hat is hiring FRESHERS for Associate Technical Support Engineer profile
Our Global Support Services (GSS) team is seeking a highly skilled Frontline Technical Support Engineer to provide dedicated phone and online support for our clients.
In this role, you’ll become an expert on Red Hat middleware technologies.
The customers you’ll interact with are often other engineers, so developing your technical skills is imperative.
One of your first tasks in this position will be to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and get up to speed with our middleware portfolio.
Company Name: Red Hat
Position: Associate Technical Support Engineer
Education: Bachelors Degree
1. Provide high-level technical support to ensure that our customers get the most out of our Red Hat JBoss Middleware products
2. Engage and collaborate with open source developers around the world
3. Offer developer-to-developer assistance for Red Hat JBoss Middleware
4. Work alongside in-house developers, write new code, fix and improve code, provide highly technical solutions, and contribute to the Red Hat JBoss Middleware and open source software communities
5. Act as the technical point-person for a technology of your choosing from the Red Hat JBoss Middleware products
6. Develop patches and feature requests upstream to the community and downstream to customers
7.Advise customers on JEE architectural design decisions
1. Professional J2EE platform experience
2. Hands-on experience with application server technologies: JBoss, WebSphere, and WebLogic
3. A solid understanding of Java Programming APIs and popular Java frameworks is preferred
4. Advanced understanding of Linux or UNIX; basic Linux system administration experience is highly preferred
5. Troubleshooting and debugging skills with a passion for problem-solving and investigation
6. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers that have various levels of technical expertise
7. First-rate customer service skills
8. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under deadline pressure
9. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector
10. Previous software development or programming experience would be a plus
11.Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is a plus
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
How to Apply: