RED HAT hiring FRESHERS FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Company Name: RED HAT
Position: FRESHERS FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Education: Any Graduate
The Red Hat Global Support Services team is seeking an Associate Software Maintenance Engineer.
The Global Support Services organization is dedicated to resolving the issues of our enterprise customers quickly and effectively.
In this role, you will provide high-level technical support and maintenance and maintain close working relationships with our customers’ top developers and architects. You’ll perform troubleshooting and debugging, and assist our frontline support engineers with the most complex and challenging issues. As a Software Maintenance Engineer, you will also analyze upstream development against current customer reported defects and develop patches to resolve the issues
Primary job responsibilities
1. Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer problems within core Linux development tools including C, C++, and Java (Hadoop)
Record customer interactions including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues
2. Work closely with Red Hat’s production support engineers, technical account managers, and development engineering
3. Demonstrate considerable judgement in selecting methods and techniques
Manage workload to ensure all customer issues are handled and resolved in a timely manner
4. Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
5. Assist in patch development (simple cases) and write debug patches
1. Ability to read and understand programming code
2. Ability to follow documented processes, including KCS and SBR
3. Good understanding of open source, GPL, Bugzilla, and upstream development
4. Ability to work closely with others, and share your opinions and ideas in a respectful manner
5. Capability to remain courteous and professional at all times
6. Ability to disseminate knowledge to junior members of the team
7. Proactive and passionate about your work
What began as a better way to build software—openness, transparency, collaboration—soon shifted the balance of power in an entire industry. The revolution of choice continues. Today Red Hat® is the world’s most trusted provider of Linux® and open source technology. Learn more about Red Hat.
How to Apply: